• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: 71-73 Parking Brake Warning Light Lens/Bezel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Black conv.
Parking Brake Warning Light came with the convenience group option and was located to the left of the headlight switch in the dash. Or between the headlight switch and the power top switch in the convertible. Has a red lens with the words "PARK" and surrounded by a plastic chrome bezel. See attached photo. Thanks!

Attachments

• parkbrakelight1.jpg
    parkbrakelight1.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 2
I've been hunting for one as well. My cover was cracked, dried out and eventually crumbled. I did manage to put a warning light together that functions from various parts at Autozone, it looks stock but doesn't say park on it . 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've been hunting for one as well. My cover was cracked, dried out and eventually crumbled. I did manage to put a warning light together that functions from various parts at Autozone, it looks stock but doesn't say park on it . 🤷🏻‍♂️
Have any pics?

These are super rare in good condition, and as a result, very expensive. The plating on the plastic bezel flakes off eventually and the white lettering rubs off the lens. The way the unit is made means that you need two if you want to restore one. The red lens can't be removed from the bezel without destroying the bezel, and the bezel can't be separated from the lens without destroying the lens. So you wind up saving the best lens and best bezel, replating the bezel and remasking the lens and sticking them together.

Thanks for info! Sounds like a needle in a haystsack to find one....I have the lens but the chrome bezel is gone.... will be a long search. All plastic so prone to disintigrating.....

Seems like someone with a 3D printer could do something close, no?

Glad I sent those, now I can put a screw back into the dash bezel! 😂

While I have both of mine (belts and park) they need restoration. i took them out and because these are as rare as hens teeth put in a red bulb and a polished washer. I would have used a chrome washer but could not find any. And when I do it will be a while before I replace them as until I have dash apart it is hard to get to.
1649097902001.png1649098286622.png

Back