WTB a complete Air Conditioning kit.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an A/C heater box as well as the controls from a 71. It is basically the interior side of the firewall. I would let you have it for the price of shipping. It will need some clean up and a little work.

If you are looking for a turnkey kit, CAA (Classic Auto Air) is the only company I am aware of that makes a drop-kit with everything you need. I'm using it and it does work really well. The only grip I have is that the controller looks like its out of a late 80s or early 90s model car. I actually modified the face to look more "vintage".

Looking for either a new kit complete or the original AC set up for a 351 Cleveland car.

Mine is a 72 351 4V
I put a Classic Auto Air kit in my 1973. It wasn't to difficult to install, and it works awesome. The down side of that kit is that it eliminates the fresh air intake into the AC ducts.

Yes, the CCA kit is super nice.

@71coop - I wish the controls were a little more vintage as well. However, I installed a double DIN touchscreen stereo so it doesn't look too bad.
@rmowery - My cowl was rusted at this spot so I took the opportunity to weld up the intake. Do kinda miss the fresh air.

Question for both of you - I did not have the original pulleys when I installed mine and now have a super long (63") belt that shares the compressor and alternator. How did you all set yours up?

Yes, the CCA kit is super nice.

@71coop - I wish the controls were a little more vintage as well. However, I installed a double DIN touchscreen stereo so it doesn't look too bad.
@rmowery - My cowl was rusted at this spot so I took the opportunity to weld up the intake. Do kinda miss the fresh air.

Question for both of you - I did not have the original pulleys when I installed mine and now have a super long (63") belt that shares the compressor and alternator. How did you all set yours up?
I don't have a picture, and actually recently rearranged mine. Initially, I had the CAA compressor sharing the water pump and power steering belt. The Alternator had its own belt off the crank pulley (so I had a 2-groove crank pulley and single-groove water and PS pulleys. It worked pretty well, I only rearranged and went to 3 belts so I could make room for aftermarket valve covers. Which was more work than it was probably worth...

On the controls, I printed my own "face" graphic and had it laminated with an adhesive backing. After I applied that, I changed the knobs to reproduction AC unit knobs.

Attachments

• CAA Face.JPG
    CAA Face.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 5
Back