• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOUND - WTB deluxe door panels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are pictures of the Avocado ones.

Attachments

• IMG_5604.jpg
    IMG_5604.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5606.jpg
    IMG_5606.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5607.jpg
    IMG_5607.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5608.jpg
    IMG_5608.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5609.jpg
    IMG_5609.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5610.jpg
    IMG_5610.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 13
I am still looking for a decent set of white own deluxe door panels, half thinking of going full retro I’d and having shop create something

There is a guy who lists a set of white door panels on craigslist Chicago from time to time. They look like pretty good condition, he is asking $500. He lists them for a while and then takes them down and relists them. I almost was tempted to buy them and then dye them to black but didn't want to go down that worm hole.

I bought some repops from Mustang Market going on 30 years ago. They're still looking good today and, unless MM's product has changed or if they're even still in business, I'd buy them again today. I will add that they took a little work because I had to trim out the area for the door release trim and the door pulls took some effort to get positioned well. I've seen others where people apparently didn't take the time to fit the trim pieces and they looked substandard. I think taking your time with attention to detail (and not being afraid to cut into a new panel) you can get a very nice result. Results may vary.

I bought some repops from Mustang Market going on 30 years ago. They're still looking good today and, unless MM's product has changed or if they're even still in business, I'd buy them again today. I will add that they took a little work because I had to trim out the area for the door release trim and the door pulls took some effort to get positioned well. I've seen others where people apparently didn't take the time to fit the trim pieces and they looked substandard. I think taking your time with attention to detail (and not being afraid to cut into a new panel) you can get a very nice result. Results may vary.
Sherriff
I have a new set from MM and need to cut in the door handle cups. Ive put it off for a long time out of fear. Haha
Any pointers on a sure fire way to get it correct the first cut?
Thanks
Rod

Sherriff
I have a new set from MM and need to cut in the door handle cups. Ive put it off for a long time out of fear. Haha
Thanks
Rod
Make the initial cut small (well within the molded lines in the vinyl) then slowly trim, fit, trim some more, fit again... slowly removing material around the opening until you are satisfied with the fit. Have a rotary tool to do the rough opening on the backing material and a sharp razor (I used single-edge razor blades) to use for the fine trimming and you'll be less likely to slip on your trimming. Time spent making small cuts is time well-spent. I also undercut (maybe 1/4") the foam behind the vinyl that needed to tuck under the door release trim piece (the plastic trim behind the door release) so I didn't need to try and compress the foam. It's not too bad once you get started.

Sherriff
Thanks
Rod
When I got to the door pulls I found it was a two person task. I fastened the lower end first really pressing the handle into the door panel while tightening the nut. At the top, I firmly pressed the handle into the door panel while my helper installed the screw. If you don't press the handle into the door panel while tightening the fasteners it will look loose and sloppy. On one of the two door panels I had to drill new holes--the lower one on the metal piece behind the door handle and the upper one on the door pull itself.

Hope this helps! Best of luck on yours!

Repro….expensive. Probably $750-800 per door with all parts added. Still massaging fit of all the parts….

Attachments

• 1530021B-7301-47B4-A601-A5E2BB0C8A2E.jpeg
    1530021B-7301-47B4-A601-A5E2BB0C8A2E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • B93322AB-BA95-443B-A3FD-B86DDD9141C1.jpeg
    B93322AB-BA95-443B-A3FD-B86DDD9141C1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back