WTB - Front seat frames

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 convertible
I am looking for a pair of complete front seat frames in good condition.  All I need is the frames - no upholstery or pads needed.  They can be stripped off and tossed to make shipping easier.  Rails are a plus, as is a seat back, hinge covers and latch release hardware (double bonus if the automatic seat release hardware is present). 

Mike, for 71 - early 72 center release or late  72 - 73 outside release

On the seat tracks I did figure out how to get them apart so that I could clean the old grease out and replace the bearings. I ended up drilling the big stop rivets out then got new ball bearings at the Ace Hardware store and just cleaned up the large diameter, I think .750" rollers. Put phosphate on one and paint on the other to equal factory finish.
Might do a how to later on them. Not much you can do about the indents the ball bearings leave in the tracks from vibrating in same spot all the time. I guess you could weld up and grind back but for what gain.
For them to work correct and everything fit you need to get the year that you are working on. Like Don stated there were changes that moved the back release from center to outside and the plastic piece on the hinge is different on early ones.

Back