• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB NOS Upper Ball Joints

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71JSCJ

Reaction score
My Car
1971 j code fastback
1972 q code convert
2 65 k-code fastbacks
Does anyone have either 2 NOS upper ball joints part number D0OZ 3049-A or 2 NOS upper ball joint boots part number D0OZ-3A105-A for sale. I'd be happy with just the boots.

71SCJ, I guess you can tell by the number of responses that the part numbers you need just aren't out there. I've checked several sources that specialize in obsolete/NOS Ford parts. A few private listings I saw were at least a couple of years old. What is surprising is the number of lower C7OZ-A boots that are available. Seems as though everyone has those.

About as close as you are going to get to NOS would be to use a MOOG upper ball joint. They have a OE line of replacement parts, are the official supplier to NASCAR, and manufacture Ford's Motorcraft line of steering and suspension parts. Probably not the answer you wanted to see, but at least gives you another option.

The rear counter.com is a good search engine. Although their site will indicate recently updated, when checking a couple of the listed companies, they show zero on hand. If the part you need is not something that is a pressing issue, it doesn't hurt to check back occasionally, as their listings change. A couple of days back it showed Dennis Carpenter with inventory, but he didn't have them.

Just remember, if nothing shows up, MOOG is a Ford supplier. :)

Back