• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Ohio: 71 Mach 1 re: Carb, Distributor, Steelies, Hub caps

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckmaster

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1 M code-4 speed
91 GT Turbo
Greetings,
I'm from NE Ohio and new to the 7173 scene. I'm seeking the following items to help renew a 71 Mach 1.
71 Mach 1 M Code- 4 speed (Build date 4/27/71)

Autolite 4300 carb # D1OF-EA
Distributor D0OF-12127-V
(four) 15" x 7" steel wheels w/ hub caps & trim rings

Ohio zip 44288.
Thanks for looking. DM me if you can assist.

I am also from NE Ohio, Canfield to be exact. Close to me located in Youngstown is Benchwick Carburetor (330-782-3767). They've been in business around 50 years. That is all they do. I've had a couple of carbs rebuilt for me and very happy with their work. I know he has on hand a lot of spares/pieces/parts. Maybe he can help you.

Mac

Thank you Mac. I'm 35 minutes from you. I'm sure I can Benchwick for a carb rebuild once I find that carb. My car arrives next week. I think I need a Nasa hood and right fender....if you're in the know.

Good luck. FYI - Dave and Ed's swap meet is being held April 29 thru May 1 at the Canfield Fairgrounds. This is a large meet that is held every year. A lot of small vendors from all over with a wide variety of things. They do have a web site. If you decide to go, I live across the street from the fairgrounds, drop me a line.

Mac

I agree with Don C. Don at OMS is likely to have many of the things you are looking for. He is in Sheffield Ohio. Chuck

71 Mustang.JPGThe car arrived yesterday here in Ohio and introduced to my garage.
So far, I picked up a match set of appropriate date coded exhaust manifolds and the carb.

I could not reach Don as yet...perhaps he's on vacation? Fortunately, he's an hour away.

For you close guys cleaning out your garage....I'm still in need of:
Distributor D0OF-12127-V
Fenders, Doors, & Hood.

View attachment 60279The car arrived yesterday here in Ohio and introduced to my garage.
So far, I picked up a match set of appropriate date coded exhaust manifolds and the carb.

I could not reach Don as yet...perhaps he's on vacation? Fortunately, he's an hour away.

For you close guys cleaning out your garage....I'm still in need of:
Distributor D0OF-12127-V
Fenders, Doors, & Hood.
What’s wrong with your hood? It looks like the one you were looking for in the first post.

Good luck with your parts search.

The original Ford 15x7 wheels are impossible to locate. Other than 71-72's w/ 15" wheels they were available on Boss 302's and certain Torinos. Ebay searches with those vehicles can broaden the search web for you.

I saw your other post regarding the 15" trim ring fitment on Wheel Vintiques wheels, I have been down this road and can provide some feedback there. Short answer is I wasn't comfortable that the rings would stay on, I think the wheels would need to be custom ordered with a different offset to prevent the ring contacting the center of the rim...

I saw your other post regarding the 15" trim ring fitment on Wheel Vintiques wheels, I have been down this road and can provide some feedback there. Short answer is I wasn't comfortable that the rings would stay on, I think the wheels would need to be custom ordered with a different offset to prevent the ring contacting the center of the rim...

Vintage sells similar rings I believe....did the original Ford poverty cap fit for you?

Try contacting this business. http://www.stocktonwheel.com/specialty.html They converted 1969 Cougar Eliminator wheels from 14x6 to 15x7 for a friend many years ago. The trim rings fit perfectly. They did an excellent job. They are probably cheaper than OEM 15x7 wheels

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154885748023?hash=item240fe8f537:g:mQkAAOSwNMJiJO6I
Example of the price that the 15x7 wheels go for.

I did not have confidence that that the trim ring would stay on. I need to confirm the wheel PN so I can tell you what offset they are but haven't had a chance to get out to my building. I think that if one custom ordered the wheels with less offset by maybe 1/4" or so the trim ring would fit a lot better. I would be curious what the offset of the OE Ford 15x7 wheels is.

The hub cap fits fine, the Wheel Vintiques wheels have the protrusions that hold the caps on.

I did not have confidence that that the trim ring would stay on. I need to confirm the wheel PN so I can tell you what offset they are but haven't had a chance to get out to my building. I think that if one custom ordered the wheels with less offset by maybe 1/4" or so the trim ring would fit a lot better. I would be curious what the offset of the OE Ford 15x7 wheels is.
I knew the hubcaps should fit. I'd be interested to know along with others about your beauty ring fitment on the Vintage rims.

The good news on my end is I have a set of 15x7 Ford rims coming my way. Now I'll need to locate the proper rings and hubcaps.

Back