• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Windshield glass for 73 Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red73mustang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertable
Hi, I'm looking to buy a windshield glass for my 73 Convertible.  Willing to travel the NJ/NY/PA area.

Thanks, Chet

Thanks Dave, yeah they make some nice re pros, I was just hoping to find a cheap used one from someone parting out a car looking to get rid of one. I'm not really concerned with accurate date codes as my car is not original.

Chet

Here's another call out for a 73 coupe/convertible windshield. A local shop decided they did not want to get the glass for me. Does anyone know of a supplier or have a windshield for sale in the southeastern PA/ south Jersey / Delaware/ Maryland area? Looking to pick one up and avoid having to pay $150+ for shipping. My car is a restomod, so I don't need etchings, etc.

I can get you a windshield for $20 and another $20 for shipping. It would come in a 6" cubical box with all of the pieces and with instructions for assembly...but think! No batteries required!

Contact a windshield replacement company, they can help you buying the best quality windshield glass for 73 Convertible.
I have a fastback and shops here in Augusta, Ga won't work on them. Half of them say they can't get the glass and the other half say all they can get is glass for a coupe. All of them said they do not work on anything older than 1989 or so. A couple shops said that maybe one of their workers would do it as a side job if I can find the glass myself but that results in no real warranty. I plan to just find a place online to order and do the install myself. Good luck.

Tom

Tom:

check around with your local Mustang or other car clubs in your area.  There are always old-school windshield installers around.  You just have to find them...

Here's another call out for a 73 coupe/convertible windshield. A local shop decided they did not want to get the glass for me. Does anyone know of a supplier or have a windshield for sale in the southeastern PA/ south Jersey / Delaware/ Maryland area? Looking to pick one up and avoid having to pay $150+ for shipping. My car is a restomod, so I don't need etchings, etc.
I believe you can order it and pick it up at CJ Pony Parts in Harrisburg, PA. https://www.cjponyparts.com/windshi...-mustang-coupe-convertible-1971-1973/p/WSH10/

You might try Safelite. I never tried to have them replace a classic car windshield, but I don't see why they couldn't. MIght be to expensive.

I order mine from another supplier (https://koolkatzautoglass.com/collections/windshields) and the shipper FedEx or UPS (i don't remember) cracked, more like shattered the corner end on the first shipment, in spite of being packed really well. Watched in horror as the driver ignoring the "This side up" labels all over the box, conveniently dropped the box out of the box truck one end to the street. For the second shipment, I agreed to go pick it up at a local commercial freight depot.

Last edited:
Safelite didn’t have one. I ended up getting lucky with the one shipped to me. No damage. It was an easy install.

Hi,
Our local installers use these folks on Ebay. Ive had several installs with this company's glass and its always delivered VERY well packed.
There shipping is reasonable and the glass fits correctly. Below is the item # and the price plus ship.
autocity1958
eBay item number:

The price is $109.00 plus 20.00 ship.

Rod

Hi,
Our local installers use these folks on Ebay. Ive had several installs with this company's glass and its always delivered VERY well packed.
There shipping is reasonable and the glass fits correctly. Below is the item # and the price plus ship.
autocity1958
eBay item number:

The price is $109.00 plus 20.00 ship.

Rod
Hey Rod, I may just order an aftermarket windshield and install it myself. Can you tell me how to remove the chrome trim around the convertible windshield without damaging it as I'm sure they're "unobtanium" by now?

My son and I replaced his windshield in his 71. Bought a cheap removal kit and 3M puckey from Amazon, got new trim clips from CJ's... Took us a day to get the old one out and clean the years of old puckey. The result was 100% better.

As for the trim, it simply "unclips" just find where the actual clip is gently pry up on the trim. I used the tool that came in the cheap windshield removal kit I bought at Amazon. Got the glass from KoolKatz.

Hey Rod, I may just order an aftermarket windshield and install it myself. Can you tell me how to remove the chrome trim around the convertible windshield without damaging it as I'm sure they're "unobtanium" by now?
Sorry for the delay.
Use a plastic removal tool. Try not to bend/ dent the aluminum trim as its not fun straightening it back out.
Take your time, slow and methodical. Treat any rust problems with Por-15. When re-installing try to just use your hands and not a mallet. It dents really easy.

Red73, thanks for the update. Nice to know I don't have the only project moving along at the speed of government! Keep grindin' away everyone.

Back