Yellow Mach 1 is back again!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see your work come to its conclusion though it must be tinged with a tad of sadness as the owner takes back possesion of their pride and joy. Lets hope they lavish as much care and attention as you have.

Kevin, I have to totally agree with other comments. Fantastic work and a great looking car worthy of many trophy's I'm sure.

What started out as a rust repair, turned into a beautiful butterfly!

Geoff.

The car looks great. I love the yellow, i love the engine bay... grat job. Your dedication shows in the amazing work you did.

A comment on the H pipe is that somewhere i read that the crossover pipe should be of less diameter than the rest. I dont know how that will change anything. But when it comes to vibrations (causes the resonance sound you hear) sometimes small changes can affect the natural resonance of a system. That said it will be difficult to have two systems identical unless the pipes are from a kit. Otherwise there will be some slight differences that change the natural resonance of the system, which probably explains why in some cases it will resonate while not in others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the comments fellas! The owner seemed really happy with it. I even took him for a ride in my car with a nice smokey burnout. Overall it went pretty well but I am glad to see it go down the road. Last few weeks were slow going on it. Ton of OT at work and racing season is starting. I added up my total hours for the entire project and i was around 600 man hours for the entire project start to finish! So it’s nice move onto other projects. Gotta get karts finished up for the kids. Got 2 kids racing this year so I will be busy!! Thanks again for the comments and hopefully the owner will introduce himself on here sometime. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The car looks great. I love the yellow, i love the engine bay... grat job. Your dedication shows in the amazing work you did.

A comment on the H pipe is that somewhere i read that the crossover pipe should be of less diameter than the rest. I dont know how that will change anything. But when it comes to vibrations (causes the resonance sound you hear) sometimes small changes can affect the natural resonance of a system. That said it will be difficult to have two systems identical unless the pipes are from a kit. Otherwise there will be some slight differences that change the natural resonance of the system, which probably explains why in some cases it will resonate while not in others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using 

Does that hold true for an X-pipe also? Or just H pipe? I have heard that to be true of H pipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
If you have a X pipe fitted you mix the flow from both sides of the block which helps maintain the health of all 8 .  If one side of your block is pushing out less pressure/power it allows the both sides to mix in the X pipe and helps prevent further weakening of the weaker side. With a H pipe they dont get chance to level each side out. This is just one factor that May cause drone as two differant vibrations go to make a third vibration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using 

Does that hold true for an X-pipe also? Or just H pipe? I have heard that to be true of H pipe.
My comment about the diameter of the H pipe does not hold true for the X pipe because there is no separate crossover pipe. The X has to be of the same diameter so it doesn't choke the gas flow. In regards to vibrations my comments hold, but what I don't know is how sensitive is each system to variations in pipe configuration,hangers or diameter. My comment is general based on the engineering principles of harmonics, but I don't know how exactly does it apply to exhaust systems. I just know that if the vibration of the system is the same as the natural frequency of the system the vibrations escalate which may be causing the resonance occurring at some RPMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again guys. But this really makes me want to refinish my car!!! The yellow car looks so crisp and perfect. My car on the other hand was painted about 15 years ago and is starting to show its age. Chips, cracked paint, doors outta whack, ect. Just need to get my other garage built, then I can totally gut my car and refinish it. But I am still couple years away from that!

Back