You can't fix stupid

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work. I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish other than burning his garage down. He had no chance with that tiny fire extinguisher(n). I have 4 large extinguishers in my home shop, thankfully they have not been needed . Everyone should have at least one big ABC in their shop.

It appears from the video that he was drilling into the gas tank above a bucket intended to catch the expected fuel when the drill broke through. The drill’s sparking armature immediately ignited the first fuel vapor released as gas spilled onto the drill as it spilled into the bucket. The fuel continued to flow into the plastic bucket with obvious results.
Not rocket science…

It appears from the video that he was drilling into the gas tank above a bucket intended to catch the expected fuel when the drill broke through. The drill’s sparking armature immediately ignited the first fuel vapor released as gas spilled onto the drill as it spilled into the bucket. The fuel continued to flow into the plastic bucket with obvious results.
Not rocket science…
Although he could have become an unwilling rocket. Without the science.

I smell a get-rich-quick lawsuit. Evidently, there was no label on the drill warning that you could not drill into a gas tank. Much like the labels on hair dryers or toasters warning, you should not use them in a bathtub or while showering!
@ midlife, Great ideal! The next time I work on one of my Money Pits and spill some fuel, I'll just use my shop vac to vacuum it up quickly. What could go wrong?!

Some of my friends call it "A thinning of the herd"! Just like the knucklehead's in the picture below, "What could go wrong"! 😄

Attachments

• WHAT could go wrong.jpg
    WHAT could go wrong.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 3
Makes you wonder how these types of people made it this far in life.

If someone had told me how this happened I would have had doubts rE: anyone being that stupid. But, seeing it on video says it all, there are indeed folks that stupid, or at the very least ignorant e: what happens when we have gasoline, oxygen, and sparks that come together in the right (wrong) mixture and wrong time,..

Back