You Tube video 351 Cleveland V 408 stroker Clevor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1, M code, 4 speed.
My 'friend' who has been sending all the Edelbrock videos I previously posted, sent me another today.  I thought I would post it just for the heck of stirring the pot. I don't think it is a very good comparison, a built up 408 stroker Clevor with Edlebrock "Cleveland heads", against a slightly modified, but pretty much stock 351 Cleveland with open chamber heads in both scenarios. Not bad HP and torque results though.

I just know this will stir the pot, so enjoy and post your comments, good or bad. 

I'm posting this more for fun than anything. Oh and by the way, I didn't pay too much attention to it, so if I missed something, give me a break!

Loads of advertising, be warned!

Geoff,

So two different engines with different displacements and compression ratio's

They are what they are in their own respects, but shouldn't be compared.

As for the .030 over 351's head swap, well

As anyone knows our Cleveland's , the 2V and 4V used different camshafts and did not always share the same compression ratio's, so why no cam swap to compliment the increase in airflow ?

What they did prove, total timing means something.

I would have liked to see what they could have done with a 351 with appropriate compression ratio for 93 octane

and a camshaft to match the 4V's airflow

Geez, no carb tuning, shamefull.

Boilermaster

The 2v and 4v comparison was a joke. The motor was built for the 2v heads, of course they are gonna run better. Build the same motor for the 4v heads and then throw on some 2v heads and see what happens.

Wasn't overly impressed with the Clevor. I would put my 408C up against it any day.

Thanks guys for your input.

As I've said many times, I'm not an expert on these motors by a long shot, but even I know that test was a joke, not a fair comparison at all. It was posted for that very reason. 

What I thought it might do with the help of our "experts", is offer good solid advice to new engine builders on what and what not to do.

Keep the comments coming!

I looked at building/buying alot of things before I got my new 418 crate motor this winter. I made the right choice for me. but there are lots of "right" choices for diff people

Back