Your favorite thing to do when your driving your "BIG BODIED MUSTANG"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years ago I used to drive around cloverleafs on the highway multiple times at an aggressive pace in my Mach1. You take the exit and the next exit and the next exit and the next exit and so forth. Needless to say the typical recommended 25mph exit speed was usually doubled. It was kind of like a circle track except making right turns instead of left.

Cloverleaf.jpg

Back in the 80's my 351C 4V had 12:1 compression and a very heavily loped cam. Of course the idle had to be kept high to keep it running. At stop lights the lope would build up until the antena would whip back and forth and the car would surge forward causing the tires to bark about every third sequence. Watching the worried looks of the driver's of the cars around me - priceless!
hahahaha would of loved to be there.

Many years ago I used to drive around cloverleafs on the highway multiple times at an aggressive pace in my Mach1. You take the exit and the next exit and the next exit and the next exit and so forth. Needless to say the typical recommended 25mph exit speed was usually doubled. It was kind of like a circle track except making right turns instead of left.
THAT is too dang funny

Bump for the new members.

My favorite thing is all my 17 year old's friends coming over to help him with his 93 gt and all of them gravitating to the back yard where all the Mach 1s are lined up. They all think his gt is cool until they walk out the back door onto the deck...then they completely forget about the fox body. :d

Then they open one of the hoods and it's nothing but drool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres always a couple of trips around a traffic circle, but what I like best is putting the top down and cruising around at dusk into the night on a warm evening. Then while sitting at a stop light watching the looks and glances from the traffic going by. There are the ones driving their "cool" car who take a quick glance and don't want you to see them looking and then the ones who give you a thumbs up, big smile, or if stopped next to you, start a conversation!

Well Olie, first of all.. good luck with that recovery man... Keep us posted of your progress man!!...

Then... as you know, i dont have a fast car to pass cars by the highway but my engine do sounds so round, so equilibrate that making it idle when its worm... with this original type of mufflers and that stuff makes me sooo happy... like the sound of history i can say...

In Uruguay, driving a mustang is like driving an OVNI so, those looks of amaze are everywhere and it starts to piss you off a little so, when i get the chance, i get up at 6 AM on a sunday, i go to my garage alone (YES! without my girl, dog or anybody arround) i start my car and take a slow peaceful drive from here to there for lets say.. half an hour, enjoying the morning beach in my city and that stuff... Noone on the street, just me, my car and a good morning experience...

Anyhow... i have to do that a lot more! :)

Get well Olie!! You must enjoy your 2 marias! :)

I really love to smoke the tires any chance i get. And the passing lane on the highway is pretty fun too. Just roll on the throttle then back off agian to keep the rpm's down . Actually what isnt fun in one of these things!!!

Kevin

There are so many it is hard to pick just one.

I love to cruize the neighborhood at < 25mph. The car sounds great with its cam and glass packs but I alway drive like an old lady in the residental areas. I think you look cooler driving slow KNOWING you could blast through the neighborhood but having the restraint not to do it. There are a bunch of ricers down the street who are always showing their stuff. I like to keep it cool.

I like to enter onto an expressway. On ramps are a pretty safe spot to get up to speed since there is no cross traffic and very little chance of a kid or someone wandering in front of you.

I like the transition ramps between freeways where there is concrete on both sides and you can hear the car really well.

There is this one corner that when I come up to a green light and turn right I can light up both back tires through 1st and 2nd and a good way into 3rd. I don't know why it is easier there but it is and it is a lot of fun.

I don't race much on the street. I will pull someone up to a little over the speed limit but I am too old to be the cause of a serious situation if something goes wrong. I leave that for the kids.

Sometimes my favorite time is in the garage. Maybe I haven't fired it up in a while. Maybe I have had a couple of drinks. I walk up to the car with a smile on my face. I open the door, I recognize the sound of the click and the door opening. I sit behind the driver seat. It's quiet, but not for long. I pump the gas once and turn the key. A couple of cranks and the engine fires. Sweet. I give it just a little gas but don't rev it. Check the gauges. Let it idle. It's loping. I let it do this for 5 minutes or so till it hits temp and then give a couple of quick revs, not too high, I don't want to come across as a Harley owner wanna be. I let it idle some more then I shut her down. The ticking of the headers starts. Glorious.

So whats wrong with being a harley owner???
It sounds like he was referring to a Harley owner wanna be, not a Harley owner. There is a difference.

You know the harley guys that fire up their bike in the garage, usually late at night and with open pipes or minimum mufflers and rev the engine over and over again.
I have that guy down the street from me....but it's usually Saturday morning at 07:00 that he fires it up. I haven't seen him ride it yet this summer...just fires it up and rev's it over and over again.

I know what you're saying about just on a nice cruise....there is a certain RPM that sounds great!

You know the harley guys that fire up their bike in the garage, usually late at night and with open pipes or minimum mufflers and rev the engine over and over again.
Like I said and your point being:shrug2:

My point was that I am not trying to be 'that guy'. My neighbors don't want to hear me running the motor up and down the RPM range, especially late at night. Even more so if I am not going to take it out but just sit in the garage.

I like Harleys, I like the way they sound but I wouldn't just go out and fire it up and rev it either.

My point was that I am not trying to be 'that guy'. My neighbors don't want to hear me running the motor up and down the RPM range, especially late at night. Even more so if I am not going to take it out but just sit in the garage.

I like Harleys, I like the way they sound but I wouldn't just go out and fire it up and rev it either.
This my favorite thing. And my neighbors love me.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cleaning-the-tires

lollerz just playin around I know what you meant all along:p

Back