Your favorite thing to do when your driving your "BIG BODIED MUSTANG"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know the harley guys that fire up their bike in the garage, usually late at night and with open pipes or minimum mufflers and rev the engine over and over again.
Yeah! And not to mention the RICH setting, black smoke spewing and carbonmonoxide smelling exhausts, and oil leaking harley engines that just polute this "go green" earth. Guess it's not for everyone eh? Oh well, great living in a neighborhood were every house has either a hotrod, ricer, chopper, bobber, boat, parrots, cockfighting roosters, cat, dog, and disfunctional families that fight all day long LOL! All this goes on 24hrs a day 7 days a week in my neighborhood and we still call it paradise LOL!

Anyhow, my favorite thing to do is wake my sleeper motor up by flooring it and have the C6 auto kickdown work at wide open throttle. Sounded like an angry beast back in the days and even more so now with the Flowmasters.

You know the harley guys that fire up their bike in the garage, usually late at night and with open pipes or minimum mufflers and rev the engine over and over again.
Like I said and your point being:shrug2:

My point was that I am not trying to be 'that guy'. My neighbors don't want to hear me running the motor up and down the RPM range, especially late at night. Even more so if I am not going to take it out but just sit in the garage.

I like Harleys, I like the way they sound but I wouldn't just go out and fire it up and rev it either.
Could it also be that "that guy" doesn't have it street legal and so he fires it up just to keep it well lubed internally and in running condition and not have the carbs gum up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah! And not to mention the RICH setting, black smoke spewing and carbonmonoxide smelling exhausts, and oil leaking harley engines that just polute this "go green" earth. Guess it's not for everyone eh? Oh well, great living in a neighborhood were every house has either a hotrod, ricer, chopper, bobber, boat, parrots, cockfighting roosters, cat, dog, and disfunctional families that fight all day long LOL! All this goes on 24hrs a day 7 days a week in my neighborhood and we still call it paradise LOL!

Guess not I will take my "RICH setting, black smoke spewing and carbonmonoxide smelling exhausts, and oil leaking harley engines" over a prius any day and Al gore and the rest of the tree huggers can stick it up the a^%$#. Seen a bumper sticker in a paper plant one day that read " If you object to logging so much, next time wipe with plastic" So that about sums it up in a nutshell.

I have to agree, some of them Harley owners are real turds when it comes to making noise!

As for me, there are no less that ten bona fide hot rodders in my neighborhood (not counting my Mustang and my son's Firebird) and Lord knows how many of us ride Harley's! ;)

Mine...

IMG_0108.jpg

My oldest son's...

IMG_0109.jpg

Whew! I certainly don't want to get Harley guys mad at me and I don't want to stereotype. Who doesn't love the sound of the V-Twin? There is just a time and a place (IMHO).

i have no problems with loud harleys or muscle cars, but ricers are a difference thing :D

There is a few other muscle cars on my street, but they dont usually drive them during the weekday. I drive mine early in the morning or late at night to work, but mines not that loud.....yet.

Guess not I will take my "RICH setting, black smoke spewing and carbonmonoxide smelling exhausts, and oil leaking harley engines" over a prius any day and Al gore and the rest of the tree huggers can stick it up the a^%$#. Seen a bumper sticker in a paper plant one day that read " If you object to logging so much, next time wipe with plastic" So that about sums it up in a nutshell.
"If you object to logging so much, next time wipe with plastic" rofl

Back