Your favorite thing to do when your driving your "BIG BODIED MUSTANG"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

Today was the day before my surgery and obviously the last day i can drive because i won't have two arms to drive for a little while. i went out on a good 30 mile drive. about 8-10 miles within my neighborhood and city and another 20 miles playing on the highway.

I would have to say that my absolute favorite thing to do in my big bodied mustang is "MERGING ONTO THE HIGHWAY". I started playing so much and found the perfect on ramps going back onto the highway that'll give me a good distance or straight-a-way before i have to merge. and just keep going back and forth those exits/on ramps, the two on ramps were about 3 or so miles apart. but between the two i was a good boy and cruised at 70mph. i am however still afraid to completely ROMP 100% throttle and there really isn't anywhere to safely do that on the street. but i do get to about 2/3-3/4 ways down on the throttle merging onto the highways and the long stretch of roads we have around here that the speed limits are 55mph. and boy, do i love to listen to her rev in the 4500-5500 rpms range (6000 redline). my normal driving shift point is about 2500-3000rpms.

a second favorite thing to do is when i'm driving on that long stretch going to my house where's there's nothing but land is to cruise at 60mph in 4th gear and down shift her into 3rd and hit the gas 2/3-3/4 of the way and let the tires bark.

:angel::D:angel::D:angel::D

thanks for allowing me to post my jibberish the night before my surgery. its past MID NIGHT so i'm in the "no eating and drinking" timeframe now. and i'm just getting really nervous now and can't sleep. but thanks again guys for listening. but let's post some of your favorite things to do with your big body stang.

Last edited:
Today was the day before my surgery and obviously the last day i can drive because i won't have two arms to drive for a little while. i went out on a good 30 mile drive. about 8-10 miles within my neighborhood and city and another 20 miles playing on the highway.

I would have to say that my absolute favorite thing to do in my big bodied mustang is "MERGING ONTO THE HIGHWAY". I started playing so much and found the perfect on ramps going back onto the highway that'll give me a good distance or straight-a-way before i have to merge. and just keep going back and forth those exits/on ramps, the two on ramps were about 3 or so miles apart. but between the two i was a good boy and cruised at 70mph. i am however still afraid to completely ROMP 100% throttle and there really isn't anywhere to safely do that on the street. but i do get to about 2/3-3/4 ways down on the throttle merging onto the highways and the long stretch of roads we have around here that the speed limits are 55mph. and boy, do i love to listen to her rev in the 4500-5500 rpms range (6000 redline). my normal driving shift point is about 2500-3000rpms.

a second favorite thing to do is when i'm driving on that long stretch going to my house where's there's nothing but land is to cruise at 60mph in 4th gear and down shift her into 3rd and hit the gas 2/3-3/4 of the way and let the tires bark.

:angel::D:angel::D:angel::D

thanks for allowing me to post my jibberish the night before my surgery. its past MID NIGHT so i'm in the "no eating and drinking" timeframe now. and i'm just getting really nervous now and can't sleep. but thanks again guys for listening. but let's post some of your favorite things to do with your big body stang.
Good luck with your surgery!
My favorite thing to do is red light brawling! LOL! I like to pull up to a highway red light next to a Prius and when it turns green...stand on it just a little harder! Kind of like a thank you to them for saving all that gas that I just burnt! Haha!

I don't race though, if another car teases...I'll just roll on and ignore them! That's fun to do also!

Listening to the solid lifters and shifting the long throw 4 speed shifter.

I just love to listen to the thing idle at a stop light or cruising the the car show / hang outs,like the old days!

My favorite is the burn out box and then the staging lights and the go pedal!!

I hope you will have a safe and speedy recovery! I'm sorry I missed what kind of surgery you were having.Again hope all is well !

I just love to listen to the thing idle at a stop light or cruising the the car show / hang outs,like the old days!

I hope you will have a safe and speedy recovery! I'm sorry I missed what kind of surgery you were having.Again hope all is well !
My pec major tendon tore off my arm! They are anchoring it back down with hardware. It's going to be a long four to six weeks in a sling!

My pec major tendon tore off my arm! They are anchoring it back down with hardware. It's going to be a long four to six weeks in a sling!
Ouch! That hurts just reading it! Good luck !

:whistling: and you were doing what when that happened, hmmmmmm

Good Luck & recovery,

You know it's alway nice to know the stang sits in your driveway or garage and is waiting for you and even if you can't drive it , just start it and you 'll feel better immediately-for sure :)

I love to drive into the night with some good rocksongs ( Led Zeppelin , etc.)

that fills my batteries....

uv

I love to pull in the parking lot with all the kids in their souped up riceburners and watch how they turn their heads my way in awe. Just let her cam lope through the parking lot then leave.

While it was still running. I would tap on the gas to get the front end bouncing ( front shocks are blown) would get a thumbs up

While it was still running. I would tap on the gas to get the front end bouncing ( front shocks are blown) would get a thumbs up
Take it easy coming back..Golf course will have to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
just love sitting at a red light with a ricer beside me wanting to play. I rev the engine and the let him pull out like Satan is following him and just giggle my little but off.::blah:: I'll see them at the track the street is no place for racing.

So far, all I can do is sit in it, steer, and make 'motor' noises while my pals push me around the compound from place to place for me to work on it.

Good luck with your surgery, Olie. Come back to us quickly and well!

I'm think'n the cruise through the parking lot entering a cruise in.... sitting at a light with a NEW Mustang beside me..... and THEY NEVER look over at me car is thump'n and it can be heard 50 feet away... as if I'm not even there. I just laugh and pull off with a mild increase to a top speed of 40

Just a small anecdote: Last summer I was sitting in a parking lot, waiting for my wife, when I saw (and heard) 3 guys with their ricers revving their engines trying to determine whose was .. let's say closest to sounding like a real car!!

So after listening to their plastic cars making all those poop noises, I thought it was time to teach them a lesson.

I turned on my Mustang's engine and let it idle for a few seconds, just to get their attention....

Then I revved it for about 5 seconds and watched them as they immediately killed their engines and started talking about something else! rofl

I got headers and Edelbrock mufflers, so it's baaad once you rev it over 4000rpm. :cool:

Then, after my wife was in the car, I let the Mustang roll past them, idling in "D" without touching the accelerator. They looked like they were gonna salute!::laugh::

But, getting back to the topic, what I really like to do is passing cars on the freeway. My Mustang accelerates really well between 50 and 100 mph, so when I'm in the left lane and there is somebody in front of me going, let's say, 75 I hit the gas pedal as soon as he pulls into the left lane. I just love it when it looks like he's going in reverse.

The look on their faces in the rear-view mirror is priceless! :)

(I had to edit it, as I messed up km/h and mph. Otherwise it hardly makes sense!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a small anecdote: Last summer I was sitting in a parking lot, waiting for my wife, when I saw (and heard) 3 guys with their ricers revving their engines trying to determine whose was .. let's say closest to sounding like a real car!!

So after listening to their plastic cars making all those poop noises, I thought it was time to teach them a lesson.

I turned on my Mustang's engine and let it idle for e few seconds, just to get their attention....

Then I revved it for about 5 seconds and watched them as they immediately killed their engines and started talking about something else! rofl

I got headers and Edelbrock mufflers, so it's baaad once you rev it over 4000rpm. :cool:

Then, after my wife was in the car, I let the Mustang roll past them, idling in "D" without touching the accelerator. They looked like they were gonna salute!::laugh::

But, getting back to the topic, what I really like to do is passing cars on the freeway. My Mustang accelerates really well between 90 and 100 mph, so when I'm in the left lane and there is somebody in front of me going, let's say, 95 I hit the gas pedal as soon as he pulls into the left lane. I just love it when it looks like he's going in reverse.

The look on their faces in the rear-view mirror is priceless! :)
i love it!

:D:D:D

Good luck with your surgery!
My favorite thing to do is red light brawling! LOL! I like to pull up to a highway red light next to a Prius and when it turns green...stand on it just a little harder! Kind of like a thank you to them for saving all that gas that I just burnt! Haha!

I don't race though, if another car teases...I'll just roll on and ignore them! That's fun to do also!

Rocketfoot, I think you captured my sentiments for Prius's exactly!

Back in the 80's my 351C 4V had 12:1 compression and a very heavily loped cam. Of course the idle had to be kept high to keep it running. At stop lights the lope would build up until the antena would whip back and forth and the car would surge forward causing the tires to bark about every third sequence. Watching the worried looks of the driver's of the cars around me - priceless!

So far, all I can do is sit in it, steer, and make 'motor' noises while my pals push me around the compound from place to place for me to work on it.

Good luck with your surgery, Olie. Come back to us quickly and well!
:goodpost: I'm right there with you:mad:

Back