• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted '72 Mach 1 grille center bracket needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi gang:

I am in need of a center grille support bracket for my late '72 Mach 1. My original was misplaced long ago during a freshening of the car and is long gone. It likely was lost in the mid 80's when I had a friend assist in straightening up the shop. I had just not looked for a replacement until recently. Surface rust is no big issue, I just need the one bracket. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 🙏
Is this the part your looking for?

Attachments

• IMG_2761.jpeg
    IMG_2761.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2760.jpeg
    IMG_2760.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
It’s up to you if you want to try it, i’m sure someone else can use it if you want to pass. Looks like it would work but not for concourse build.
I'm not doing a concourse build. This is for my '72 H code Mach 1 that I'm putting a 550+ inch engine in. I just want to support the grille in the center.

Is that a spacer from the bracket to the grill on the 71?
No, that's the molded grille itself. The outer positions are for the 71 dual support. The 72 single support is slightly off center of the grille.

The issue with the 71 bracket posted above is it will only work properly on the two outer positions, as the molded in grille standoffs are on the same plane. The 72 center support is stepped, or on two planes.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to do anything - make your own decisions.

1714584357601.png

No, that's the molded grille itself. The outer positions are for the 71 dual support. The 72 single support is slightly off center of the grille.

The issue with the 71 bracket posted above is it will only work properly on the two outer positions, as the molded in grille standoffs are on the same plane. The 72 center support is stepped, or on two planes.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to do anything - make your own decisions.

View attachment 88263
I'm sorry. It just looked like a metal part between the grill and bracket. Must have been the light.

Back