Alarms

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
What type of alarms if any are people using, or is it a waste of money My son has a friend the has a motion sensor that talks, STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR YOU ARE TOO CLOSE. loldancebanana

Alan L

What type of alarms if any are people using, or is it a waste of money My son has a friend the has a motion sensor that talks, STEP AWAY FROM THE CAR YOU ARE TOO CLOSE. loldancebanana

Alan L
Alan,

The best alarm I think is one that completely disconnects the battery from the starting circuit..& a remote lithium battery powered lo jack type system..I used to just remove the coil wire & take it with me (back in the day) I intend to have a hidden pull out breaker box in mine & some sort of gps tracker ..Lets face it if someone wants to steal a car these days & has the right tow truck your car is gone in under a minute & the only way your going to even have a chance at getting it back is with a tracking device.

Alan,

The best alarm I think is one that completely disconnects the battery from the starting circuit..& a remote lithium battery powered lo jack type system..I used to just remove the coil wire & take it with me (back in the day) I intend to have a hidden pull out breaker box in mine & some sort of gps tracker ..Lets face it if someone wants to steal a car these days & has the right tow truck your car is gone in under a minute & the only way your going to even have a chance at getting it back is with a tracking device.
I use to take the coil wire off too back in the day until my father told me all someone had to do was pull one of the plug wires and use it for the coil wire. The car will start and run then, but will have a miss. I guess it would deter some thieves if the car wouldn't start right away.

Put (tape) a notecard in each wheel that says something like:

"Verify that the person who brought this car in for tires is [your name]. If it is someone other than [your name] here with this car then CONSIDER THIS CAR STOLEN and CALL the POLICE IMMEDIATELY! Thank you!

Signed [you]. Phone number & address, etc.

It may not keep your car from getting stolen, but it may help you get it back - someday.

Back