How to replace your 71-73 Dash Pad.
1. First, obtain your new dash pad from your favorite Mustang parts vendor.
2. Start by removing the original dashboard from the top. Unscrew the six screws aligned across the front of the top and also taking out the three screws above the instrument panel.
3. Continue by taking out three additional screws laid across the top of the passenger side. These are the ones that keep the top of the dashboard in place.
4. Lift the top of the dashboard and pull out the entire assembly being careful not to scratch the a pillar trim.
5. Remove the five tinnerman nuts on the back of the dashboard panel assembly. Use an 11/32-inch socket.
6. Now, separate the dashpad and crown as shown in the...