Wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kar

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code
Ok, I am new here and have a 73 Mach 1 Q-code that I want to restore (mostly), and had planned to run Magnum 500's but have not been real happy with the quality of them in the past on my other mustangs. I know the sprint (slot) was an option in 73, do any of you have photos runnig the 15x8 AR Ansen Sprint Wheel on your cars?

Thanks for the help.

Post up in the introductions forum so the folks can give you the proper greeting. As for the wheels, I'm sure someboby will be chiming in soon.

Ok, I am new here and have a 73 Mach 1 Q-code that I want to restore (mostly), and had planned to run Magnum 500's but have not been real happy with the quality of them in the past on my other mustangs. I know the sprint (slot) was an option in 73, do any of you have photos runnig the 15x8 AR Ansen Sprint Wheel on your cars?

Thanks for the help.
You talking about these?

wheel.jpg

Welcome to the site KAR and thanks for the lead-in Steven!

I have the original Ford Aluminum Slots that are 14 inch wheels but not Ansen.

These wheels do pop up on eBay sometimes.

DSCF9279.jpg

DSCF9278.jpg

DSCF9277.jpg

I have the magnum 500"s & worry about quality and chrome to rust here in Me.,have you looked at the torq-thrust wheels ?, I really like those too,might save up to put those on mine next year.

Totalled that is exactly what I am looking for, I was showing my wife and kids a photo of your car last night, all six of us agreed that was the look we wanted, period correct and different from everyone else. Your car looks great, a couple questions, are you using 8" wide wheels, where did you get the center caps, and what size tires are you running. Thanks for all the help.

Wow - that (correct for 73 Mach 1) striping and the slotted mags... It really sets off the 73's into a class of their own.

Totalled and OldPony - nice cars! Ray

I am running 15x8 with 245/60/15 in front and 275/60/15 in the rear. I am running the center caps that came with the wheels. In the last pick, I was holding up an original ford 14" slotted wheel center cap up to see how it would look. Still thinking about drilling the wheels to run them. Kinda wish I had before mounting tires on them.

I got them through summit racing.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/are-a695865

I have new caps, red or black centers

Item #D3ZZ-1130-R/SET

73 ALUMINUM WHEEL CENTER CAPS SET

Set of 4 Ford licensed reproduction aluminum wheel center caps with red emblems. Includes screws.

Price: $184.95

Item #D3ZZ-1130-B/SET

73 ALUMINUM WHEEL CENTER CAPS SET - BLACK

Set of 4 Ford licensed reproduction aluminum wheel center caps with black emblems. Includes screws.

Price: $184.95

Ok guys, thank you for the help, now I just need to make the decission on the rear tires 255 vs 275, I really like the width of the 275 but worry about it being to tall. I am going with 8" wide wheels and 245's on the front, I just need to figure the back out. I want as big as I can get with NO rubbing issues. Thanks everyone.

Ok guys, thank you for the help, now I just need to make the decission on the rear tires 255 vs 275, I really like the width of the 275 but worry about it being to tall. I am going with 8" wide wheels and 245's on the front, I just need to figure the back out. I want as big as I can get with NO rubbing issues. Thanks everyone.
I would at least go with a 265 in back. 245/255 isn't much of a difference in my opinion.

Wow - that (correct for 73 Mach 1) striping and the slotted mags... It really sets off the 73's into a class of their own.

Totalled and OldPony - nice cars! Ray
I saw Pat's car [Totalled] first hand last week and drooled all over it. The Ansen wheels look fantastic! You should see his LED dash lights at night. Awesome!

BTW, welcome!

I think the key to making the 275's look right (being taller) is getting the stance right. Totalled's mach sets right, the back end needs to set down over the top of the tire. As luck would have it, I have somewhate worn out leafs on the back of mine. I like the car to set level, and I think these Ansen Slots are a no brainer. I will attach some before and after photos once I get everything.

Any photos of Mach's with 275's would be great.

THANKS

Totalled, you had mentioned on another post that you wish you had went with 15x7's in the front, but still with the 245's. Do you still feel that way, and why, are there any rubbuing issues? I was convinced I was going to take my 73 Q code and clone a 71, until I saw yours, it has to be one of the best looking period correct 73's I've seen.

Back