Window Drip Rail Quick Fix?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
351c 2v
Edelbrock 4bbl, Performer Intake
Ram-Air
Pertronix Electronic Ignition
Hey all,

Long time no post. Flight school keeps me hopping. That said I have most of a Saturday to myself before I am back in the plane tomorrow. I have a problem.

My drip rails leak like Niagra Falls. I read that wonderful write up on the full repair but since I am putting the car in the body shop here in a few months I was hoping there was a quicker and even dirtier repair than dealing with the rusted screws and busted foam tape.

My thought was to smear some RTV or clear caulking of some type in the seam along the drip rails. It wont be pretty, but it might be more effective than nothing.

If anyone has conquered this hurdle before, please feel free to share your thoughts and revelations with me.

-Kyle

I'm thinking you mean at the roof to trim area

Can't think of what to use at the moment but DO NOT use silicone.

It will be hard to clean off and may affect any future paint work in that area.

I will research my options then. I just don't want to tear it all apart only to worsen the problem since I don't plan on making a permanent fix right now.

Keep in mind whatever you put on the drip rails will have to be removed.

You don't want to damage them.

Yes, I just need something to stop the damage before the car actually makes it to the body shop. And a garage isn't a likely option at this juncture. So, just researching the options. I suppose I will just wait and cringe

Back