1973 351c Plastic Air Cleaner Tube

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccijwright

Reaction score
My Car
1996 Cobra Convert
1973 Mach 1
Does any one have a picture of what a proper 351c stock plastic air cleaner tube looks like? It is the part that attaches to the engine wall and then to the flexible hose of the air cleaner snorkel. The one that scoops the air from under the car. Thanks-

Interesting. I did not even know I was missing this. Hmmmmmm something else to source at some point.

Does anyone know if the large Flexible Hose attached to the end of the air cleaner snorkel shown in the pictures above is available ?

The large flexible hose is not reproduced. From what I was able to find out looking for this part myself...it came as part of the snorkel tube from Ford and was not available separately. I found a Ford part that has the exact same size hose as original that can be used...E2ZZ-9A626-A. I found a guy a while back selling two and I bought them both so have an extra.

Jeff

Does anyone know if the large Flexible Hose attached to the end of the air cleaner snorkel shown in the pictures above is available ?

This might be a late response, but I have devoted some time trying to find a replacement fresh air intake hose for my 1973 302. The part is not being reproduced and it is stapled to the air filter snorkel so you will need to tear it apart and remove the staples. After lots of research, I have ordered a part that should fit. The measurements are almost identical to the original one (3.5 x 2.5 in). It is from Crown Automotive, part # J3231980 and is a direct replacement for some Jeep vehicles. I will try it out once it arrives and will post an updated picture.

zjb48i.jpg

24o4k6o.png

Last edited by a moderator:
EGR valves and ever tightening emission controls were on the way. In 1972 it started with the cars with NOX emissions (what the parts book called California cars). Those are the cars you see with the flex hose on the end of the air cleaner duct much like you see on the 73 cars. They were part of the metal air cleaner duct and valve and not available separately. As you can imagine they were not sold in great numbers once the public found what had to be purchased just to get the flex hose. The 9A624 assembly which is the hard plastic duct that brings fresh air from the front of the car to the flex hose is the same for the 302 and 351 C's. Most of the parts houses carry flex hoses that can be adapted to the air cleaner. The hose gmadrid has shown in his posting looks like a perfect candidate.

Last edited by a moderator:
It worked out like a charm. With a little wiggling around the edges the hose fit perfectly and looks almost stock. If you are looking to replace the air cleaner hose, this is your option.

Sure seems like a "restricted" way to get air all the way up to a carb!

Back