• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Always interesting to find a survivor ('71 Mach 1)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
Questionably priced at a whopping $17k and the victim of a light front-ender, but quite the sight:

fmukwm.jpg

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/3604104076.html

Something strangely appealing about that mild-custom look under the hood too ("Walter, the finned look just ties the engine room together"), even though it looks like a rattle-can job.

Looks as if a dealer got to the hood and stripes though. Pity too, as the stripeless Medium Yellow Gold / black look would scream H.B. Halicki from one end to the other.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
That is exactly how my car looked when I got it, I've since taken off the chrome trim and ditched the dog dish hubcaps in favor of rims. The stripes came off but will go back on once the car is painted. It was also the same color on the interior until everything was switched over to black.

That is exactly how my car looked when I got it, I've since taken off the chrome trim and ditched the dog dish hubcaps in favor of rims. The stripes came off but will go back on once the car is painted. It was also the same color on the interior until everything was switched over to black.
Any chance you're getting rid of the dog dishers and trim rings? Mine came from factory with them, but it is wearing Sport Wheel Covers right now.

-Kurt

Any chance you're getting rid of the dog dishers and trim rings? Mine came from factory with them, but it is wearing Sport Wheel Covers right now.

-Kurt
I have a 14" set if your interested.

Another advertized survivor - all original

But it has been repainted look at the fender bolts and door jamb switches

wrong seats

wrong horn

wrong - lots more

Another advertized survivor - all original

But it has been repainted look at the fender bolts and door jamb switches

wrong seats

wrong horn

wrong - lots more
Good catch on the fender bolts - I missed them entirely - but I don't see the door jamb details you're referencing - which picture?

-Kurt

What's up with that gremlin...er, I mean dog...in the last picture?
That's the seller's wife, who told him to get rid of the car.

Erm - do you see what I see? Antenna is mounted on the right rear quarter panel; nothing on the front fender.

29oj4ig.jpg

34gkl5u.jpg

Dealer hack job on a radio delete car?

-Kurt

FYI - this thing is starting to work its way into a price range that is beginning to be rather tempting - seller wants it gone; she wishes to buy the neighbor's '09 Challenger.

That said, I thought I'd ask you fellows what you'd consider a reasonable price for this thing. In addition to what's already been noted, I've compiled this list of my own concerns:

• Front end looks as if the top rails could be bent from that accident. Bottom may be square. A deal breaker unless the top rails alone are only bent - and if the top rails can be bent back with a come-along. Opinions?
  • Looks like an AOD has been shoved behind the 351C, by the looks of the center console. AOD behind a 351C? Better be beefed up, eh?
  • Couldn't care less about the seats.
  • Taillight panel looks to have surface rust. Surface is fine, anything more isn't - I don't want to replace another taillight panel. Drilling spot welds on my green '71 has turned my 25-year-old back into that of a man of 60. No thank you; even craning forward to type here on the forum is painful.
  • Spraybombed 351C. I can live with that, for the moment.
  • Obvious repairs: Replacement Mach 1 grille, replacement urethane bumper + brackets, replacement RH fender, replacement RH and hood fender extensions, possible front valance replacement, replacement rear bumper, and a repaint (particularly to get the hockey stick stripes off where they don't belong; ditto for the hood blackout).
  • Not so obvious: Ain't no carpet in the thing. Floorboards shot?

Main appeal: A factory car that looks like Gone in 60 Seconds' Eleanor, but just a bit better. Oh, yea.

-Kurt

Hmmmmm Thats a big shift from $17k to $10k OBO. Still needs to go a bit lower yet tho, hit her up for $6k
It's down from that price too. I was thinking $4,500, given that it'll probably need about $3k of work, if not more.

-Kurt

Back