Different master cylinder

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must take this opportunity to thank for the tip about the Bronco II MC!

I've been looking for an MC who could fit, my problem was that the brake fluid reservoir on the original master cylinder was too large so the valve cover could not get into position. But all MC I've found have had the brake pipes exit on the wrong side ( RH ). I had begun to modify an original master cylinder. But now I did not have to do it. So thank you very much for the tip!

/ / Thomas
Holy $#!+ now that is a modification....... I've taken so much from this site I am glad I was finally able to give a little something back.
What motor mounts are you guys using? I have the tall Ford Motorsports valve covers and while close they fit and can be removed easily. The back of the DS valve cover is at least 2 inches from the brake booster. Yours looks much closer.

I have 351c frame mounts and Fairlane block mounts. I know my engine is resting slightly higher than the org 429th But I can not have the engine lower because if i do so the oil pan hits the cross member and the center link hits the oil pan when I turn. I have a Cobra alu oil pan Which is a little larger than std pan. But Boss engine is 29 " wide so it's not surprising that it gets tight. So sometimes you had to a little "magic"

// Thomas

Boss 9 001.JPG

Boss 9 020.JPG

B09 001.JPG

I must take this opportunity to thank for the tip about the Bronco II MC!

I've been looking for an MC who could fit, my problem was that the brake fluid reservoir on the original master cylinder was too large so the valve cover could not get into position. But all MC I've found have had the brake pipes exit on the wrong side ( RH ). I had begun to modify an original master cylinder. But now I did not have to do it. So thank you very much for the tip!

/ / Thomas
Holy $#!+ now that is a modification....... I've taken so much from this site I am glad I was finally able to give a little something back.
What motor mounts are you guys using? I have the tall Ford Motorsports valve covers and while close they fit and can be removed easily. The back of the DS valve cover is at least 2 inches from the brake booster. Yours looks much closer.
I have no idea what motor mounts are in mine. They were in there when I bought the car. Mine valve covers are out from the booster the length of the stud + 1/4". My issue was with the master cylinder not the booster.

Back