Emminger Info re: First 100 Mustang VIN's for 1971

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71BossPrototype

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351 (Med. Metallic Blue and Argent)
1971 Boss 302/351 (Ford's singular regular production 1971 G-code Car, Grabber Yellow and Black)
(I had to edit this post and make a correction. The list provided by Lois Emminger is actually for the first 100 Mustangs of all body styles, not just the Mach I's. It includes VIN's for convertibles and coupes too. Lots of info to examine. -Andy)

A year or so ago, I was given this link by the fellow who once owned the "Diamonds Are Forever" Mach I. If you go to this link, you will want to download the numerous images he posted for your future reference. They are of great historical significance to 1971 Mustang enthusiasts.

Basically, Lois Emminger created a list of the first 100 VIN's for 1971 Mach I, (and all other Mustangs), and where they were shipped to, special purpose cars, car shows, advertisement cars, even Joey Chitwood stunt show cars. Fantastic stuff, including her correspondence with Donald Farr.

It takes a little while for all of the images to load, so give it a chance, so you get them all. I like this kind of historical detective work ("car-cheology")as much as the restoration stuff. I hope you guys and gals like this one as much as I did!

http://www.network54.com/Forum/234286/thread/1219631751/Diamonds+are+Forever+Car+on+Ebay

Don't worry, it is not an eBay link, it just mentions ebay in the subject title over at the other site. Cheers.

-Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget about our link directory! You can add this link there for posterity, also! The link is under the MORE tab up top!

Great post, BTW!

Back