fancy alarms & classic car insurances

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

123FRANK321

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang conv
The fabricator that's designing my sound system is giving me a few options with viper alarms & gps. Have you guys invested in nice alarms or just kept it basic. I am carrying 35-40k worth of classic car insurance just in case the 73 vert is stolen.

Hi Frank,

I have my '73 Vert fully covered with a good private classic car insurance company for an agreed amount of $45,000.00. I have decided not to install an alarm system at this stage, as i don't see the desperate need to have one based on my personal circumstances, and my insurance company doesn't demand i have one either. This situation currently suites me well, but may change later if needs be. I also run a separate Tom Tom brand sat nav stand alone system, that can be easily removed from the car at will. Sat nav systems that are built into 1 din audio head models,that have flip up screens, are still too expensive for me, and i also question how good and reliable are the map up dates that come with them as well. A good quality Alpine or Pioneer model is well over $2000.00 Aus to buy over here. Too expensive for me. I won't be installing a 2 din system on the center dash, as modifying the dash to try and make the head fit, will stuff up the dash and look out of place as well in my opinion. See my thread for pics and tips.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-austin-vert-s-new-sound-sat-nav-system-install

Cheers,

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
A car alarm might thwart a vandal, but not a professional car thief.

Back