Favorite things to work on

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your favorite things to work on?

• Total voters
I love to craft patch panels out of flat steel into compound curves and shapes, cut to fit into the missing area, It usually doesn't take me long to create the patch, weld it in, grind the welds down and not have to use filler. Unfortunately, my back won't allow me to hammer/dolly any more without causing grief, so I'm pretty much given that up.

I now love working on electrical wiring. Just the other day, I got a really bad 70 underdash harness that I had to section in a major piece, check everything out and wrap it in tape such that one can't see the splices. That customer must be wondering how I perform magic. *G*/LOL. I guess I enjoy fixing things where only true experts can tell that it was repaired.

Although I love working on the car I needed a hobby.

I got a car with hardly any interior and much missing on the outside.

The most fun I've had is trolling for parts at a bargain on ebay!

This website is a big help answering most questions and is a major bonus

on completing my hobby!

I can do everything, but personally, I loathe the electrical stuff. It seems there are always little gremlins here and there and I mostly hate myself because I insist on replicating the little plugs and connectors. Can't stand seeing wire splices and the such and getting old wiring to look right is tedious. I'm hoping that when it comes time to wire mine Midlife is still at it, a plug and play harness would add a couple of years to my life.

Back