Front Side Marker

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteG41

Reaction score
My Car
351c 2v, FMX Transmission. Ordered from Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, 99k original miles.
Trying to dig for some info but unable to find it. I have an original front side marker bezel, but it looks to be missing the 2 studs that thread into it, in order to attach the nut on the inside fender well. Does anyone know the size off the top of their head? It looks to be the same size as the mounting kit for the hood scoops but I could be way off. Would rather not have to order a new set if I don't have to. You can see it on the passenger side sticking out.

Attachments

• 71044548893__8E812D02-1EFD-4150-9376-3DDDF295D04E.jpg
    71044548893__8E812D02-1EFD-4150-9376-3DDDF295D04E.jpg
    936.7 KB · Views: 0
I believe the side marker lights bezels are pot metal and have built in studs. Self threading nuts with a soft sealant material are used to fasten the light bezels to the fender opening.
I was thinking the same but figured I would ask. I have a "cap" looking thing on one of them that is out, but its also missing a stud. Thinking I might be able to engineer a fix but based on the scoop studs thought they might be something similar. I appreciate it!

I was thinking the same but figured I would ask. I have a "cap" looking thing on one of them that is out, but its also missing a stud. Thinking I might be able to engineer a fix but based on the scoop studs thought they might be something similar. I appreciate it!
How's the progress on your Mach 1 going?

How's the progress on your Mach 1 going?
2 weeks away from heading back in! Motor/tranny done, Fitech and fuel tank arrived. The shop has 2 roadrunners that have taken a little longer than expected so pushed back their timeline a little bit. After the install, just minor things to button up. AC/heater core, front suspension components/rear shocks. I have 3.5 gears on my shelf that I was going to wait to put in, but might just buy once cry once and pull the trigger on a posi since it will already be in there getting worked on. I did the rear fold down carpet myself, but will have them do the floor carpet seeing as they will be taking the seats out anyways. Also have a new dash pad to replace the old one when they do the heater core. Front seat upholstery/foam are in boxes in my closet, and the upholstery guy they use will usually squeeze them in. So besides the exterior paint, should be looking pretty great!

Long time coming but I'm sure it'll be a blast to get in and drive soon! Keep us posted...and add pictures!
Definitely will do! Very long time coming but worth the wait.

I have 3 of those front bezels you can have. I am getting rid of my spare parts.
I actually went digging in my parts yesterday to verify what I needed, and my extra bezel has both posts! So really all I need to find is one of those acorn cap nuts that threads onto the back. For some reason I thought I was missing a post on each one. But I very much appreciate it!

Back