Hallo I am just starting my first build with a 71 mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the site from Virginia! No such thing as a dumb question here and I'm sure you will find plenty of answers and inspiration for your project.

::welcome:: from Southern Md. Wow thats a nice lookin Pony ya got there!!!! Look forward to updates on your progress!

Im in the same boat you are with my 73 Grande. I would start by seeing if the motor runs great then work from front to back. You can find ask anybody one of us anything or you can look it up on the forum and theres videos on here that show you how to do some of the stuff

Welcome, looks like you have more to work with then many who have brought our cars back to life, good looking car. My recommendation is before you start doing anything is first decide "exactly" what you want to do with the car and how much you want "can" put into it. Many of us have had misadventures along the way jumping in with no real plan then wished we had done it it different. You mentioned getting it back to the way it rolled out of the factory, if that's the case order a Marti Report, determine what needs to be done, then take your time and do it right the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, looks like you have more to work with then many who have brought our cars back to life, good looking car. My recommendation is before you start doing anything is first decide "exactly" what you want to do with the car and how much you want "can" put into it. Many of us have had misadventures along the way jumping in with no real plan then wished we had done it it different. You mentioned getting it back to the way it rolled out of the factory, if that's the case order a Mardi Report, determine what needs to be done, then take your time and do it right the first time.
where would i get a mardi report.

Im in the same boat you are with my 73 Grande. I would start by seeing if the motor runs great then work from front to back. You can find ask anybody one of us anything or you can look it up on the forum and theres videos on here that show you how to do some of the stuff
Just got it running today after a carb rebuild so its running not to good but I think just needs a to be calibrated any idea where i can find some good info on how to do that.

Welcome, looks like you have more to work with then many who have brought our cars back to life, good looking car. My recommendation is before you start doing anything is first decide "exactly" what you want to do with the car and how much you want "can" put into it. Many of us have had misadventures along the way jumping in with no real plan then wished we had done it it different. You mentioned getting it back to the way it rolled out of the factory, if that's the case order a Mardi Report, determine what needs to be done, then take your time and do it right the first time.
where would i get a mardi report.

Just got it running today after a carb rebuild so its running not to good but I think just needs a to be calibrated any idea where i can find some good info on how to do that.
If you go to were it says search and type in how to calibrate a carb. Or you can type in how to calibrate a carb and find how to do it if you can't find it on here. but your probably going to want a video so it shows you what to do

HOPE ALL GOES WELL. BEFORE YOU TEAR IT DOWN TO MUCH, TAKE ABOUT 4 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF PICTURES YOU MAY FEEL YOU NEED. YOU WILL FIND, AS TIME GOES BY, HOW NICE IT IS TO HAVE THOSE PICTURES AS A REFERENCE.

:D

Thats a sharp looking car you have...And a Marti report is a good thing to have..It will tell you so much info about your car......Standard report..Tells your pretty much stuff you can figure out online....Deluxe ..around 50 bucks...Will tell you things only they know...Where it was ordered..and all options on your car...And even the original dealership it was sent too..Or even if it was a test rig and on....Elite will break it down too how many where made just like yours "color motor and such" ..but i only recommend the break down or Elite if your car is well optioned..Or you dont mind spending 100 plus too figure out every little detail..lol

Welcome from Chesapeake, VA would love a Light Pewter Hand Me Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back