Hood Locks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteG41

Reaction score
My Car
351c 2v, FMX Transmission. Ordered from Sanderson Ford in Phoenix, 99k original miles.
I searched through some old threads on here regarding the OEM hood locks but didn’t find what I needed. These came in a bag with the car. I could be wrong but am I only missing the backer plate that goes underneath the locking mechanism?

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpeg
    IMG_1027.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1028.jpeg
    IMG_1028.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1029.jpeg
    IMG_1029.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
In the second picture, the catch plate should be below the bracket and the bolts should go in from the top of the bracket. In the third picture, it looks like you're missing the retainer for the lock assembly. The retainer goes underneath the hole in the hood and the retaining bolts go through it and into the lock base.

In the second picture, the catch plate should be below the bracket and the bolts should go in from the top of the bracket. In the third picture, it looks like you're missing the retainer for the lock assembly. The retainer goes underneath the hole in the hood and the retaining bolts go through it and into the lock base.
Oh okay I gotcha. Yeah I was trying to cross reference my stuff with the repro kit video from NPD. The bracket was installed when I got the car, I have been doing a ton of other things so never really looked into it until last night when I was putting the hood scoop insert back on.

Back