HRPT 2017

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're still going to the Ball, now better dressed for the dance...

I see you're in central Iowa, you there around Newton? Been told we must go eat at Maid-Rite...

IMG_3077.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Also taking a 72 Ranchero

IMG_2531.JPG

Sweet. I am about 2 hours from Newton. Heading that way at 9:30 am. My friend is bringing his 2013 GT500. Will be cruising to Moline doing that day then I think he is out. I am planning on champagne for sure, maybe Chicago as well.

Sweet. I am about 2 hours from Newton. Heading that way at 9:30 am. My friend is bringing his 2013 GT500.  Will be cruising to Moline doing that day then I think he is out. I am planning on champagne for sure, maybe Chicago as well.
Moline? Chicago? Are we on the same tour?

Sorry. Moline is same as Davenport, as is Rock Island and Bettendorf (commonly referred to as the Quad Cities) and Madison, IL I meant St Louis. Brain fart, it was late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great meeting 73Pony today at Hot Rod power Tour. He managed to pick me out of the crowd at the Edelbrock booth. Nice guy, great taste in cars!

70's AMC's are great unique cars, very nice ride.
Unique is an understatement... their engineering isn't like any other American car, especially in their electrical layout.

The Hornet made the 2,872 mile Long Haul with the only breakdown being losing the alternator day 3 somewhere mid-Iowa. The Fish Mouth Ranchero's Alternator had bit the dust on day 2. Both vehicles got about the same 15.3 mpg through the trip but the 'Chero's Cleveland went through 14 quarts of oil and 3 quarts of Lucas while the Hornet made the ride with no oil added.

The final day had us running 70-75 all the way home 750 miles in 13 1/2 hours with 4 fuel stops and 2 dinner beaks.

Back