I love it!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
At the Pensacola show (Gulf Coast Regional Mustang Club), there were a good number of 71-73's, and some fine examples to boot. The one that caught my eye was a 71 white Sprint with 106k miles. It was loaded with patina: missing paint, rust, bad interior, faded stickers, rotted bias ply tires, etc. It has a 351C and A/C, which still works and loaded with R12. It had been stored in a garage since circa 1982, and purchased for $1300. The owner has many offers at 10x that price, but elects to keep it as is: he is to be applauded for that! I agree 120% with his decision.

Every sheet metal panel has damage, caused by the last driver (female, of course, he said...) It sorta reminds me of the original GISS.

71sprint.jpg

Did you check the VIN? I am not aware of any 'Sprints' built in the 1971 production run.

I am fairly sure all Sprints to be 1972 models only. If that car is carrying a 1971 VIN, I's be very suspect of some VIN related shenanigans!!!

she·nan·i·gans

SHəˈnanəɡənz/

nouninformal

secret or dishonest activity or maneuvering.

"widespread financial shenanigans had ruined the fortunes of many"

"The Sprint Decor Option Group was available between March and June of 1972."

http://www.1972mustangsprint.com/

Ray

It could well be a 72...he showed me a Ford brochure that had a Mustang, Maverick and Pinto Sprint. He now has a Mustang and Maverick Sprint, and has been looking all over for a Pinto.

I saw it too and took lots of photos of it. It is the real deal built in April '72. He bought the Eminger Invoice from Marti and put it in the window. I invited the owner, Tim Oliver, to join the site. He was impressed that Rex was also a member. Stay tuned for pics once I get them off my phone.

It was one of the coolest cars there...and it still runs!

The owner and his dad had cool t-shirts made up, red belts and blue shorts to match the sprint colors. The owner has this sprint, a sprint coupe, a sprint maverick, but he us still looking for a sprint pinto to round out the collection. Now that and the coordinated clothing is some serious sprint dedication. Cool!

IMG_20150328_153959.jpg

I might repair a couple of the more major dents, but overall it's perfect to drive it, and be proud, worry free.

very cool. Too bad I saw a Pinto last month during my endless search on craigslist and ebay. I just dont remember what state I was looking in :s
Knowing you, I'm pretty sure it would be the State of Confusion. ;)

very cool. Too bad I saw a Pinto last month during my endless search on craigslist and ebay. I just dont remember what state I was looking in :s
Knowing you, I'm pretty sure it would be the State of Confusion. ;)
texas_flag_combo_b_square_sticker_3_x_3.jpg

State Flag

Albatross.jpg

State Bird

TaraxacumOfficinaleSeed.JPG

State Flower

d5fcb18edfc6414d17bbd0722f73660b92af1930ff1a5243186434b380cec089.jpg

Secretary of Defense

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back