Intake Manifold Question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting ready to put 4V quench heads back on my 71 M Code, I'm just getting all the part together. The prior owner for what ever reason put 2V heads on but I have the stock Intake manifold D0AE-9425-L and stock 4v Exhaust manifolds. It currently has an Edlebrock performer 2675 intake on it with the 2v heads which works with my ram-air system.

My question, (besides the weight advantage), is there enough performance advantage to justify spending $300.00 for a 4V Edelbrock performer intake (2665)over the stock DOAE-9425-L intake?

I know there are other options for intakes but the Edelbrock is one of the few that will be low enough to use with my ram-air system.

Jim
How about an edelbrock air gap.

I've been looking all over the Internet trying to find out if someone indeed modified an air cleaner base for factory ram air to accommodate an intake manifold other than an edelbrock performer. No such results for a 351c but I did find someone on the megasite who modified one for a 429. I will be doing a 408c stroker with chi 4v alloy heads and a blue thunder intake manifold. I will be utilizing my factory ram air unit. I will modify, cut, weld, etc. whatever I have to do to get it to fit and to look stock. I will take pictures and present it as a how-to so that way we might be able to open up the options when it comes to intakes and ram air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking all over the Internet trying to find out if someone indeed modified an air cleaner base for factory ram air to accommodate an intake manifold other than an edelbrock performer. No such results for a 351c but I did find someone on the megasite who modified one for a 429. I will be doing a 408c stroker with chi 4v alloy heads and a blue thunder intake manifold. I will be utilizing my factory ram air unit. I will modify, cut, weld, etc. whatever I have to do to get it to fit and to look stock. I will take pictures and present it as a how-to so that way we might be able to open up the options when it comes to intakes and ram air.

Sweet :cool: Nice build by the way :)

If I am not mistaken, the Cleveland is an "enhanced" 429 :D

mike

If I am not mistaken, the Cleveland is an "enhanced" 429 :D

mike
It was close...They only a year or so apart...but if im not mistaken the regular 351 cleveland was in a mustang before the regular 429 did...Just by half a year i think...cleveland was build to race in the summer of 1969..."now that damn song is stuck in my head" nooooooooooooo..lol

Now the Boss 429 was a "385" motor come out in 69 for stangs..But is not interchangeable with other 429 blocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back