Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Mario, I am also new here, but I can say that I have really enjoied the atmosphere of the group.

WOW, it has been, literally, a quarter of a century since I did the same conversion but I thought the wire for the tach had kind of a 'built in' grommet. I don't remember having to drill a hole so perhaps there is a plug that gets removed. If I get over to the mustang today I will snap a picture for ya.

Welcome to the board. Can we see some pics?

ok, went and took a look at my convertible. Originally it had standard guages. I converted to stock Tach and center guages.

Again, it was 25 years ago. My tach runs through the firewall just under the passenger side brace. This makes sense, the tach is wired into the coil and the coil was on the passenger side. It's a pretty fat red wire and there is a grommit that looks like it was part of the wire. I had pulled the tach out of my wrecked Mach 1, back then I would have been careful to put it in the same spot. I don't remember drilling a hole for it. Check to see if you have a small plug there. Perhaps 12mm in diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back