Mars and Beyond

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
I know this is WAY off topic but with all the renewed interest caused by NASA's new Mars rover; Curiosity, I thought someone might find this interesting. Personally I had never seen this show from Walt Disney. It is long but actually educational in a broad Disneyland kind of way. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEg7dF5rg8Y&feature=related

"Walt Disney began hosting his own television show for ABC in 1954 in an unusual contract: Disney provided ABC with a weekly hour-long television program in exchange for funding for the construction of Disneyland. As a result, the television show was also originally named Disneyland. The anthology series has since gone through a number of name changes over the years: Walt Disney Presents, Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, The Wonderful World of Disney, Disney's Wonderful World, Walt Disney, The Disney Sunday Movie, and The Magical World of Disney. The series spanned an incredible 54 years—13 seasons of which were hosted by Walt Disney, himself."

I know this is WAY off topic but with all the renewed interest caused by NASA's new Mars rover; Curiosity, I thought someone might find this interesting. Personally I had never seen this show from Walt Disney. It is long but actually educational in a broad Disneyland kind of way. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEg7dF5rg8Y&feature=related

"Walt Disney began hosting his own television show for ABC in 1954 in an unusual contract: Disney provided ABC with a weekly hour-long television program in exchange for funding for the construction of Disneyland. As a result, the television show was also originally named Disneyland. The anthology series has since gone through a number of name changes over the years: Walt Disney Presents, Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, The Wonderful World of Disney, Disney's Wonderful World, Walt Disney, The Disney Sunday Movie, and The Magical World of Disney. The series spanned an incredible 54 years—13 seasons of which were hosted by Walt Disney, himself."
love that show as a kid ;) ty for sharing

hyena429,

You're welcome. Glad someone liked it. Yes it stays with a campy style you normally expect from a Disney cartoon, but really offers some good historical references. Maybe it simply appeals to my 'inner child'. Heck I still laugh at Road Runner cartoons!

Ray

hyena429,

You're welcome. Glad someone liked it. Yes it stays with a campy style you normally expect from a Disney cartoon, but really offers some good historical references. Maybe it simply appeals to my 'inner child'. Heck I still laugh at Road Runner cartoons!

Ray
lmao...Me too..Even forgot how funny some of the older flinstones where that i use to watch...the ones made for adults....unlike the later ones that are nothing but watered down versions of the shows we enjoyed..They have a hard time making shows like those anymore.....And i use to watch mutual omaha's wild kingdom too...lol..Your disney post reminded me of that old show too.

Back