New top installed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 mustang convt.
A picture heavy thread:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-tops-up

I had my top replaced here in Phoenix.

http://www.autotopshop.com/

Agostino’s Vinyl Top Service. They've been in business since 1973 (go figure)

Top/glass/well liner/pads/tack strips. They spent some time trying to adjust the top frame too. I dropped it off one day, they removed the top and I picked it up. I spent the weekend painting the frame. Then I returned the car to them on Monday and got it back on Thursday. He told me it might take a few days. "We like to talk to these told cars.. see what they have to say". It wasn't cheap.. just over $1300 with tax but it looks great.

That's not too bad. A friend paid $1000 just for the labor on his Fox Body top.
It seemed pretty fair to me. It's gotta be a few hours labor and these guys know what they are doing.

A guy at work has a boxer porsche. Something broke on the top, I forget what, and he paid close to $600 just to get it fixed. ;)

Are you sure they were "talking" to the old cars, cursing sounds more like it.

I did mine it took me 3 days on a long weekend non stop. Next time I will pay a shop.

Car looks great

I just got a bid for $550 in labor. I get the top and I found a Robins Stayfast for $550 and free shipping. Total of $1100. Would be $900 or so for a vinyl. Too many people told me not to do it myself.

I just got a bid for $550 in labor. I get the top and I found a Robins Stayfast for $550 and free shipping. Total of $1100. Would be $900 or so for a vinyl. Too many people told me not to do it myself.
Sounds like a fair deal. Although I'm a pretty good do-it-yourself'er, I had my top installed too. I paid $600 labor including the well liner, tack strip, rubber, etc. Post up some pics when it is done.

Sounds like a fair deal. Although I'm a pretty good do-it-yourself'er, I had my top installed too. I paid $600 labor including the well liner, tack strip, rubber, etc. Post up some pics when it is done.
+1 on the pics:)

Back