ON TRACK --GONNA PRIME ON FRIDAY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Wow I can't belive I finshed up the welding...I've done enough welding on this car to last me & every board member a lifetime !! My helper Joey took the last 3 day's off ..In that time I finished putting the cowl corner back on..fabricated the patch it needed & welded it in...installed the apron & extension..WHEW..Joey's gonna do the grinding of the welds tomorrow & prep & mask the engine compartment...Fri morning PRIME !!!

100_2002.JPG100_2005.JPG100_2007.JPG100_2008.JPG100_2009.JPG

Holy crap! You should do a motivational video for the rest of us slackers!

Keep up the good work!

Congrats Scott!!! you´re rolling!! Which type of products you´re planning on use to prime and to finish the engine bay?
Thanks UF ! I'm using all SPI products...http://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/except for the rust bullet which I'm using for the inside strutures & underside of the car..So we are using spi epoxy primer on the interior of the engine compartment & all exterior work. After I apply the spi expoxy primer to the engine compartment I'm then going to apply body filler ON TOP of that in the engine compartment to smooth everything out(spot welds, factory wrinkles etc) so in essence the engine compartment will be as smooth & straight as the exterior of the car..I'm not sure yet if I'm going black ,or the color of the car in the engine area..But If I go black I'm using the rust bullet Black shell http://www.rustbullet.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=125

I do know the underside of the car will be black shell

Holy crap! You should do a motivational video for the rest of us slackers!

Keep up the good work!
Thanks B ! Amazing what one can do when your under the gun ( My Camaro is coming back may 1st so this car HAS to be rolling & fully epoxy primed by the end of April..

Last edited by a moderator:
great Scott... it´s important not only for me... (mytself from overseas, the brans of the products you use are impossible...) but for those guys that are looking at your jobs and thinking about following your steps ;)

Looking forward to see that bay painted!! (i´ll go with gloss black! jeje!)

great Scott... it´s important not only for me... (mytself from overseas, the brans of the products you use are impossible...) but for those guys that are looking at your jobs and thinking about following your steps ;)

Looking forward to see that bay painted!! (i´ll go with gloss black! jeje!)
Cool damien...Gonna be a bit before it's painted...The main goal now is protecting the work I've done..Doing the body work in the engine bay & fiting the frt susp.

Doc - you're a sick man.

I just wish I'd have thought of that first. ;)

Back