Trunk Paint... Maybe...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcdunlap

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 2 Door Sports Roof
White 351C CID 2V FMX Transmission Power Front Disc Brakes Ram Air AM Radio Console
I have a '71 Mach 1 that I had been working on and now have ready to paint. Like most others that are wanting to paint their trunk, I have been looking around for paint.

The other day, I found Krylon Stone Coarse Texture paint (Charcoal Sand) and have been testing it out. I tried it on dark gray primer and didn't like the way it looked, this morning I tried it on light gray primer and think it might work for me. I didn't have to use very much to get the look I was after. The best thing is that it seems to be available, and sells for around $15 for a 12-ounce spray can at hobby stores. The bad thing is that it takes a while to dry and while it seems to be exterior paint - some folks are not sold on its durability. I was thinking of spraying my trunk with a light gray primer, using the Krylon, and then applying a clear finish on top. I know it is not quite original... but kind of like the way it looks... Anyway, here is what it looks like... thoughts?

trunk paint 1.jpgTrunk Paint.jpg

Hey I appreciate the picture of your finished trunk. I had the same plan and sourced similar paint products. But, I have procrastinated for months and put off trying it until now. I know it's not the best color match, after studying David's original truck pictures in previous posts, but I am jazzed up to try it now. Thanks for the motivation.

Attachments

• PoFoTrunk Spatter.jpg
    PoFoTrunk Spatter.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back