• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Wanted: Woodgrain horn switch trim for deluxe wheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
Some other Fords
It looks as though even the repo version is being discontinued. All my regular go-to sources indicate back ordered or discontinued. I'm surprised since this trim plate has fitment across the entire '71-74 Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln product line when equipped with the deluxe two-spoke steering wheel.
That pesky supply chain issue that's been plaguing us for a while is not done yet! The steering wheel horn pad design changed in '75, which started the countdown timer for another part for our cars to be discontinued. The original part number is D2AZ-13A932-A and was replaced by D3AZ-13A932-A. The D3AZ version was discontinued in 1/95, so it's been out of the Ford parts system for a while. The NOS versions are almost nonexistent, which I discovered when looking for the same piece for one of my bosses' Lincolns. (Before repos were available)
I do have one source that I have used in the past that may be able to help you, NOS Parts Ltd. They specialize in Ford NOS parts and do show two of the D3AZ-13A932-A. I will warn you that the 39.95-49.95 prices you are used to seeing on the Mustang parts sites for the repo part are history. The NOS site indicates 83.59. It depends on how badly you want to scratch that itch for a new part. :) Contact info is on the link if you want to call them and verify their inventory and the condition of the trim plate. Good luck with your project.

https://nospartsltd.com/?s=d3az-13a932-a&post_type=product

It looks as though even the repo version is being discontinued. All my regular go-to sources indicate back ordered or discontinued. I'm surprised since this trim plate has fitment across the entire '71-74 Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln product line when equipped with the deluxe two-spoke steering wheel....
....The NOS site indicates 83.59. It depends on how badly you want to scratch that itch for a new part. :) Contact info is on the link if you want to call them and verify their inventory and the condition of the trim plate. Good luck with your project.

https://nospartsltd.com/?s=d3az-13a932-a&post_type=product
Thank you Steve.

I've been scratching this itch off and on for two+ years. I drove the car yesterday and my Super Glued repair cracked yet again.

Sometimes I just take a deep breath and take the hit to the wallet. This is one of those times.

$100 bill, the new $20. (formerly a fiver...).

Ben-

These are getting quite rare. The reason they are out of stock everywhere is that the repops are no longer in production. Best bet is to regularly search eBay at this point.

I got lucky after 2+ years. Hopefully you will have better luck!
That’s what I did and found a really nice whole center pad , trim and horn pad for 100

Back