Window Washing System

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Coupe 351 Cleveland AOD
I've been thinking about re-installing the window washing system in my 1973 coupe. None of the parts are currently in my car, but they seem to be available. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort/expense/under hood clutter? Does the system work well, or is it an anemic drizzle? Thoughts?

I've been thinking about re-installing the window washing system in my 1973 coupe. None of the parts are currently in my car, but they seem to be available. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort/expense/under hood clutter? Does the system work well, or is it an anemic drizzle? Thoughts?
Just one guy's opinion . . . but most of us don't daily drive these cars. If you're going for originality, then by all means get it working. But aside from that, do you really need it in a car you don't drive most of the week?

That being said, mine is installed and operational. The last time I hit the button was 3 years ago, just to be sure it worked. :)

Had to replace hose's and nozzles, as mine weren't put back on during a recent overhaul, got all partrs works well, but as said, havent used much, except got caught in shower coming back from a cruise

It's only driven in nice weather, so probably not worth the bother. Thanks.
There are other reasons to have them working.

When I was a kid, I aimed the squirters so they shot over the windshield of my truck and onto the car behind me. So sitting at a traffic light, my windshield would be completely dry and out of nowhere it's raining on the car behind me. I'd never do that today, but at the time it was hilarious seeing all the confusion on their faces trying to understand what was happening.

Latest posts

Back