Wobbly window

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrgeorge1112

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande
351w FMX Transmission
I have a 1973 Mustang Grande that I recently bought. Now, the passenger and drivers side window falls of the track and wobbles left and right. I had some time today so I removed the door panel and saw that the window fell off the track. I was able to put the window back on track, but it still won't sit right. On closer inspection, I noticed that a guide on the bar that ran vertically from top to bottom was either broken or worn down causing the window to not sit right. It actually looks rigged by the previous owner. Not original I suspect. I am having a hard time finding a replacement on the net and was wondering if anybody knows where to get one and what it's techincal name is. I am posting a pic. If you notice the black "guide" is either broken, worn down, or was cut.

Here is the photo.

Look at it sideways. Dont know what happened.lol

20130209_150547.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff is correct

There should be a plastic slide

Don

Yep, see what you all mean. Somebody rigged it I guess. Kinda cool to open stuff up and see the things people do.lol I pm'ed OMS about it. Thanks for the responses.

Back