insturment cluster

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liftmech

Reaction score
My Car
71 vert 351c toploader 4sp replaced with 5sp
p/s p/b air gauge package
Hi Guys

I am in need of a cluster with tach and have a bid on one from a 73 will it fit my 71 the guy selling seems to think it only will fit a 73

thanks for the help

Hi Guys

I am in need of a cluster with tach and have a bid on one from a 73 will it fit my 71 the guy selling seems to think it only will fit a 73

thanks for the help
71 -73 have similar parts at the dash board. in doubt ask him to send a picture of the part and compare it with yours - apart from the numbers there should be no differences.

cheers Wolfgang

71 - 73 all the same. Are you replacing a missing or installing to 'upgrade'? If upgrading you will need the correct wiring for gauges...

Hi Guys

thanks for the help
71 -73 have similar parts at the dash board. in doubt ask him to send a picture of the part and compare it with yours - apart from the numbers there should be no differences.

cheers Wolfgang
Thanks for the reply I am replacing my orginal that is missing

so i have the wiring just no cluster

Are you sure your car came w/ a tach or is it the standard gauge cluster

they are both different and not interchangible w/o modification so check your Marti or post a pic of the plug connector

Hello All

sorry for the late reply

the dash has the three gauges in the center

here is pics of the dash and wiring

Lets try this again

I seem to have a problem putting pics on messeges using the tinypic plugin it downloads them but does not insert them into the post

so i will try againg to put pics of my dash

w9ikg2.jpg

nx2s6c.jpg

bhfm1.jpg

That is the plug for a tach / speedo assy

71 -73 used the same tach / speedo assy just wiring was different

Don

Back