1972 Ford Mustang - $2250

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought you would go wild with the engine compartment...i'm disappointed
The plate-patch cowl irritates me more than the aprons. Easy enough to fix the aprons, but that cowl patch will be a pain. Sure, that's the wrong radiator (and it fits like it too!), no shroud, etc, etc - but it isn't trying to be anything it isn't. It is just your run-of-the-mill POS.

The scariest part of it isn't even the car, but the story: It had a 460 in it? With 4-wheel manual drum brakes? Talk about your death wishes.

That engine appears to be a EFI 302 (5.0) turned into a carbureted engine, or an older 302 with the later 5.0 serpentine hardware + water pump bolted to the front. Bad match for the cam?

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you would go wild with the engine compartment...i'm disappointed
The plate-patch cowl irritates me more than the aprons. Easy enough to fix the aprons, but that cowl patch will be a pain. Sure, that's the wrong radiator (and it fits like it too!), no shroud, etc, etc - but it isn't trying to be anything it isn't. It is just your run-of-the-mill POS.

The scariest part of it isn't even the car, but the story: It had a 460 in it? With 4-wheel manual drum brakes? Talk about your death wishes.

That engine appears to be a EFI 302 (5.0) turned into a carbureted engine, or an older 302 with the later 5.0 serpentine hardware + water pump bolted to the front. Bad match for the cam?

-Kurt
That's more like it...I was worried you were going blind or something

I love to post these, and wait for Kurt's analysis...they make me smile!

I love to post these, and wait for Kurt's analysis...they make me smile!
You can't sneak anything past our Mustang detective ! :p :D

-Kurt
Ever seen the tiny little front drums on a 427-powered 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500 XL? rofl

what is that compartment in the engine bay where the battery would normally be located?
Its so obvious!!!!

Its the Flux capacitor, rofl

There a couple of "wrong" things under the hood, the battery is on the wrong side as well.

Back