PLAYING WITH SHIFT POINTS VIDEO

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's something you don't see...I've never seen actually; a laptop hooked up to a 71-73. Nice!

Looking great Scott. I am looking forward to seeing it in person in a few months.

Very cool Scott. I'm gonna order my tranny next month and was hoping to be able to give you a call on the install and pick your brain on a few things in a few months.

Jim

The new transmissions are awesome compared to what our cars came with. Adjusting the shift points in the modern transmissions can literally gain tenths in the quarter with just a little time tweaking some settings. I love the 4-Speed in my Mustang but the modern auto trans has alot of pluses.

I use SCT Pro-Racer Package on my truck with the 4R100 and it is insane the amount of control you have from a laptop. It just takes a bit of time to learn the software and just what you can do. Once you get it dialed in it is easy to swap profiles for DD Duty, 1/4 Mile, or Twisties.

Very cool Scott! I'm looking forward to the next video and maybe a ride on my next visit. I'll be within 1-1/2 hours from you at the end of September. (Parsippany)
No sweat Jeff..Just give me a heads up.. I'm looking forward to taking you for a ride

Looking great Scott. I am looking forward to seeing it in person in a few months.
Same here Don..Just hope you get here before the snow comes

Very cool Scott. I'm gonna order my tranny next month and was hoping to be able to give you a call on the install and pick your brain on a few things in a few months.

Jim
No problem Jim,

Feel free to call..I will set you right up..Just make sure to try & get a newer tranny 2000-2001

You're listening to Smoooooth Jaaaaaz.... 98.9.

:p

Nice Q.
Yea the jazz clears my head...:cool:

The new transmissions are awesome compared to what our cars came with. Adjusting the shift points in the modern transmissions can literally gain tenths in the quarter with just a little time tweaking some settings. I love the 4-Speed in my Mustang but the modern auto trans has alot of pluses.

I use SCT Pro-Racer Package on my truck with the 4R100 and it is insane the amount of control you have from a laptop. It just takes a bit of time to learn the software and just what you can do. Once you get it dialed in it is easy to swap profiles for DD Duty, 1/4 Mile, or Twisties.
Agreed..I can't wait to set up the push buttons for manual shifting..choosing between profiles calibrations

Same here. Looking fwd to seeing how she runs.
Hopefully later today I should be able to get out for a vid :p

Very cool Q
It really is ! Worth all the hard work for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Q,

Yep! The 4r70w with the quick1 controller is the way to go compared to the AOD with the TV cable. Folks, if you can afford it, this is the way to go! Like the Jazz Music too. It is good to hear also about your front suspension working out really good!

mustang7173

Back