Netflix "A Faster Horse" documentary. Anyone watch yet?

mach1000

If you have Netflix check out the making of the 2016 Mustang called "A Faster Horse". Its a documentary and is pretty cool. They follow the lead engineer on the building of the new 2016 Mustang.

One part they interview a father and daughter who rebuilt a 71 MACH and drove it to the 50th party in Charlotte.

I watched it, I thought it was pretty good.

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

yeah cool to see the behind the scenes stuff. I'm not sold 100% on the front end of the 2016 mustang but I'd take one if someone wanted to give me one.. Love the rear view though. They did a great job there.

Thanks for the heads up. Just watched it and it was a superb documentary. Amazing to see how much development goes into making a car and some great historical footage of the Mustang. Also never knew the Mustang almost didn't happen due to the failure of the Edsel.

Mark

yeah secret meetings at the fairlane hotel. Then ford II would only give a portion of what they wanted to make the car.

No wonder it was a re-skinned falcon!

I'm glad to see a 7173 made an appearance

Thanks for the heads up. Just watched it and it was a superb documentary. Amazing to see how much development goes into making a car and some great historical footage of the Mustang. Also never knew the Mustang almost didn't happen due to the failure of the Edsel.

Watched it last night, real neat movie! The only thing that bothered me is when they grouped the 65-70 mustangs with the 71-73, I always thought they were completely different, but I guess to them they are not. I can see the grouping of the newer ones together where they have similar looks, but these old beasts look so much different...

Watched it last night, real neat movie! The only thing that bothered me is when they grouped the 65-70 mustangs with the 71-73, I always thought they were completely different, but I guess to them they are not. I can see the grouping of the newer ones together where they have similar looks, but these old beasts look so much different...

I noticed and thought the same thing. I guess they probably did that to keep it simple for most non mustang people? But yes I would have grouped them as you say above.