German Ford Mustang Cop Car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach1, 351 Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Automatic, AM/8 Track, Bright Red.
GT1.JPGI like it, from the article:

For whatever reason, any car ends up being several magnitudes cooler once it's turned into a cop car. The result is the same even when you start with an already cool car, as evidenced by Germany's new Polizei Ford Mustang. The special Ford Mustang GT is the German police force's new "Tune it! Safe!" demo car that will be used as an outreach tool to promote safe vehicle modification. The car was built by Wolf Racing, which tuned the Mustang GT's 5.0-liter Coyote V-8 engine to 440 hp and added custom 20-inch alloy wheels wrapped in Hankook Ventus S1 Evo tires, a height-adjustable coilover suspension, a body kit with front splitter, side sills, rear diffuser, a rear wing, and unique bumpers, and a sports exhaust system.

GT1.JPGGT2.JPGGT3.JPGGT4.JPG

Australian police were looking at the Mustang too due to the local Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon vehicle plants closing down here forcing them to look for another vehicle type. However during testing the auto transmission on the Mustang overheated during the simulated pursuit trials taking the Mustang out of contention. Sounds like the Aussie police might get Volvo's instead....

http://www.news.com.au/news/ford-mustang-loses-its-police-stripes-after-overheating-within-minutes-of-a-simulated-pursuit/news-story/13e4b07005fa5bc3b3da6563d0a0fea3

HP154Mustang.jpg

4644e7de25906291d267cc7ad9599942

From the article I don't think the German police are looking at putting them out on patrol, they called them demo cars for their "Tune it! Safe!" program. They say the car was tuned by Wolf Racing but it sure looks like something AC Schnitzer out of Aachen, Germany may have played a role in. They did a complete tuning package on my BMW and it's a very similar body kit all the way around minus the spoiler.

Back