71 J Code Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lollerz. Good luck with that. I get that he did lots of work, but really? 6-10 grand for engine rebuild, minimum 15 grand for body and paint, 3-5 grand for suspension rebuild, shall I go on? Tons left to do on this! !

Yet another example of "Crack pipe pricing"

It's just a asking price. Can't blame them for shooting high.
Can't knock him for trying. Start high and come to a mutual agreement, the American way! Just like the $300,000 SCJ!

Whats a nice restored J code worth though?

And I guess it depends on whether you want to restore to representative or concourse.

Whats a nice restored J code worth though?

And I guess it depends on whether you want to restore to representative or concourse.
I've seen them go for $80k nicely finished with original sheet metal and drive train and some recently as low as $30k appearing to be in nice driver shape. Without seeing this particular car in person to confirm what is actually there, I would say the price is a tad on the high side, but as noted above, I am sure negotiable...

Last edited:
The sheet metal repair that's been done looks like it was done really well. It looks like the unibody itself should be pretty solid. I think the next step now is to have it media blasted, then epoxy-primered before any more surface rust can come along.

I'm missing the part where the seller outlined all that work, or even anything beyond "engine comes with the car."

It might all be there... it might not... what's there may or may not be restorable. I also heard no mention of a transmission - Heck, I don't even see seat platforms or doors for that matter. It's all a crap shoot.

Having said that, if the driveline is all numbers matching, then it might be worth it as a rare, "to be faithfully restored," big-block project car. The average guy looking for a '71 Mach 1 to have fun with need not apply.

Back