San Angelo Mustang Round-up - 2011

Today was the annual San Angelo Mustang Round-Up sponsored by the San Angelo Mustang Club and Jim Bass Ford. There some really nice cars - lots more new Mustangs than classics, and more '64.5-'68s than anything. Most of the new models were '04-present Shelbys and GTs and a half-dozen Fox-bodies - but oddly enough. no '94-'03s that I could see. Probably about 30 Mustangs in all.

There was also a '69 Boss 302, a '69 Shelby GT-500, a '70 Boss 302, and a lone '73 coupe (which is for sale).

21l8wsy.jpg

I just grabbed the one picture, since my cell phone data plan is limited.

I also did make friends with the president and saw several pals there and signed up to get their newsletter. One of these days when mine is shiny and passing gas, I'll be a regular at their car shows and cruise-ins.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

That's interesting they group them by years; the shows I've been to just mix them all in together.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Those stripes really suit the 73 coupe, and I especially like the effect of the striping on the larger '73 front bumper. If I had a '73 coupe in a plain jane color then I think seeing this picture would send me down to the paint shop real quick.

Brett

phonestang2.jpg

Yeah - I actually really like that car. I wish I had room (and the money), I'd pick it up and drive the heck out of it. It's got a 351C-2V, C6, and I'm not sure what gears. I do know there's a set of 295/60-R15 Eagle GTs (out back), so it shouldn't have too much problem putting it's power to the ground.

Huh? Wha... 7173 T-Shirt? Where? Or should I say, "Where's mine?" ;)

Eric

mach1sig2.gif