• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

forged aluminum wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tommydone,

I would contact David (Carolina_Mountain_Mustang) who is a Forum member here. There were a couple of different versions in use on the Mercury and Ford lines on different models. He is familiar with them and knows the proper one to use on the 73 Mustang. There were also some differences in the production installed and service replacement center caps.  Many of these wheels were pitched in the '70s and '80s in the name of customizing and were sold for scrap. He more than likely has some hanging around his garage that would like a new home.    :)

Steve,

Now why would I have any alu. wheels. I do but not for sale really. If you do a search there is lots of threads on them.

There are three different center hole sizes. The Maverick and Mustang have the small hole diameter and the Mercury has the larger holes. If you get the larger center hole be sure to make a bushing to reduce down to fit the front spindle and rear axle center. The center hole carries the weight and lugs hold the wheel on.

anyone have a set of the optional forged aluminum wheels for sale ?
I have a set. They will need a good cleaning and polishing. I am in nearby Delaware. PM me.
Dang!  When I get to replacing the non-stock wheels, I want the forged aluminums.  And I was just in Delaware last weekend - lol

anyone have a set of the optional forged aluminum wheels for sale ?
I have a set. They will need a good cleaning and polishing. I am in nearby Delaware. PM me.
Dang!  When I get to replacing the non-stock wheels, I want the forged aluminums.  And I was just in Delaware last weekend - lol
RC92234,

Well, the next time you visit Delaware just give me a shout.  I am not actively selling them so I may still have them.

Rich

Back