pics from the shop

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valhallo

Reaction score
My Car
73' Grande
Alright, I just got some pictures from the paint shop. All they have left is cutting, buffing and reassembly. (Yeah, they're putting it back together for me.). What do you guys think?

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

Thanks guys. I went with the darkest variance of mineral grey.

Bad news, I think the finish date is going to be pushed back.

I told the shop that was doing the paint job that they could put their logo into the sidestripe in the mineral grey on top of the black stripe. It is a cool looking logo and the two colors are similar enough that it would have been subtle. Well they did just that, but I guess they decided that it didn't look good that way, so they redid their logo in bright silver. Without talking to me about it. And they painted "custom auto body" under it. I didnt want an ad on my car, they just have a cool logo. Now it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Now I'm not sure what to do, but I dont want a permanent bumper sticker on my quarter panel - that's for sure.

IMAG0030.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad news, I think the finish date is going to be pushed back.

I told the shop that was doing the paint job that they could put their logo into the sidestripe in the mineral grey on top of the black stripe. It is a cool looking logo and the two colors are similar enough that it would have been subtle. Well they did just that, but I guess they decided that it didn't look good that way, so they redid their logo in bright silver. Without talking to me about it. And they painted "custom auto body" under it. I didnt want an ad on my car, they just have a cool logo. Now it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Now I'm not sure what to do, but I dont want a permanent bumper sticker on my quarter panel - that's for sure.
Man that sucks. As long as you didn't sign off on it I think you may be able to take them to court. Check up on your laws but I know here in Wisconsin if a shop does work to you car with out your consent and you call them on it, you don't have to pay and or you may request that they undo it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to go have a chat with them today about it. Hopefully we can get that logo off without it being a big deal.

Back