Love makes you do crazy s***

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
I just sat here & looked at all the pics & work I've done on my stang..

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-pics-pics-pics-410-of-them?pid=56154#pid56154

Then I pulled out the file with all the receipts for stuff I've bought:-/

Then I figured out what I've paid my helper Joey Blow :-/

I must be out of my f&%%$#@# mind !!!!:(

But wait I know I'm not crazy ..I figured it out :idea:

LOVE..:heart:I must be in love..It's the only reason , explanation I can come up with for why I've done what I've done when it comes to this car !

I feel better now ::laugh::

LOL! Only someone mentally insane (or in :heart:) would spend so much time and money on something with no chance of recouping the expense! I am definitely one of those insane (or in love) guys!! :wub: or ::tease::

Right there with ya, Q. My spreadsheet has me at just over $10K and not even halfway there yet (before body work and paint, even - no labor, either since I'm on my own)... and mine's still a POS as it sits. LOL! (I did 'save' $2K on my AOD though, since a buddy pretty much just gave it to me)

Nevertheless, I'm "in it, to win it" and am more determined than ever to shut up the naysayers in my life (yeah, I got a few of them around who don't think I can do it).

Yup... it must be :heart:

Scott - you deserve to feel good.

I just browsed through all of those (what was it 400+ ) pictures again.

Congratulations on a job very well done thus far and thank you for sharing your expertise for the good of others.

Like the rest, I am excited to see the final outcome.

how true!!! that's why i never check my receipts :)

abudi

I never checked my receipts because I'm scared of what I would find. I once did a quick summing-up and ended somewhere in the 42000€ range. That's € not $!!!

I guess I really don't want to know!

[align=left]

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Today!

[/align]

I saved all my receipts too, but have never added them up. Not counting what I paid for the car in 1974, I've probably spent under $10K on it since I put it back on the road in 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does all the gas I've put in it count? Mines always been on the road, when I can I do some work on it.

I have a collection of some of the receipts from early on, probably in the neighborhood of $20k by now. lol

I care very little about the money though. It's what I love doing, and thats all that matters.

At least you all have a legitimate excuse. Your cars are at least 40 year old. Mine's only 4 and I've a big bundle invested in it beyond the purchase price.

At least you all have a legitimate excuse. Your cars are at least 40 year old. Mine's only 4 and I've a big bundle invested in it beyond the purchase price.
There's nothing legit or rational about it :s It's as they say "Love makes you do crazy things" lollerz

I don't even want to look at my recipts for my 05 vette & 04 350Z

WE are all NUTS!
Yep we're certified nuts!. After all the money "and time" I've funneled into it (and will funnel into it), it would have certianly been cheaper to buy a completed cherry one that some other idiot had spent years and thousands fixing up then sold to me at a loss. But I don't think that's why we do it; for me it's a challenge and a hobby that I can take pride in as I complete one project at a time. My wife recently asked me when I thought I would have it completely done...I told it'll never be completely done.

Jim

You do some great work, I hope to someday have all the tools and garage space to pull off that kind of work.. Awesome stuff man!

I'm in with the rest of you, I just pulled the engine again today because ( and yes, I'm a retired ford mechanic) I put a head gasket on backwards....it overheated. and I had exhaust manifold gaskets leaking. I'm getting old and I find myself making a lot of stupid mistakes. But it is still fun to me. When it stops being fun, I will retire....again !

I'm in with the rest of you, I just pulled the engine again today because ( and yes, I'm a retired ford mechanic) I put a head gasket on backwards....it overheated. and I had exhaust manifold gaskets leaking. I'm getting old and I find myself making a lot of stupid mistakes. But it is still fun to me. When it stops being fun, I will retire....again !
I guess we all never get too old to learn from our mistakes. Your post makes me feel better about some of the dumb things I've done working on our cars. In fact, after putting my front disc brakes back together I found the grease seal bracket with the three bolts holes laying in my mechanics seat tray that I left off the driver's side front. I need to put that back on soon.

Back