Local All Ford Powered Show

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoArts

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Sportsroof
'90 Mustang 7-Up 5.0 ragtop (sold after 20 years)
'66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk.IA
At Shults Ford in Harmarville (Pittsburgh), 3rd place in the Stock class. First time the car has been out to a show since Dad passed on a few years ago. The car literally is 99.9% the same as he last used it. He was one of those shy guys that would've never even gone up to get the plaque, let alone want to be recognized for it.

Maybe I'd best wash it and Armor All the tires the next time!

Here to you, Dad! :salute:

carshow061012edit.jpg

There were two nice '71-73's there, along with several superbly juicy Shelbys, Cobras, and a late model GT.

Dang, I really, really need to get my Mustangs finished...:cool:

Nice car! Does it have the 260 or 289?
This one's a 260.

There were 3 series, Mk.I (mark one), Mk.IA and Mk.II.

Only the '67 Mk.II's had 289's from the factory; folklore has it that they ran out of 260's by that time.

This one is a IA, and it's bone stock with the exception of an iron 4V intake that I put on back in the mid 80's. The car as-is isn't a vicious neck snapper, but sure does make some soul stirring music with the gear whine and exhaust note. I never even play the radio in it.

Thank you for the replies guys. Dad bought it around 1970. Both my sister and I used to be able to ride in the rear jump seat together to get ice cream or watch fireworks on the 4th of July :D. Over the years, friends and family simply referred to it as "The Little Green Car". Since it was such an oddball, everybody knew what that meant and who was driving it.

Kind of unfortunately, nobody else in my family can (physically) drive it anymore except me. Feels good to be the keeper of the flame, so to speak.

I hope to be able to carry that distinction for as long as possible.

Us car people understand ::beer::

Back