1971 Mustang cowl vent block off cover plate

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegasmax1969

Reaction score
My Car
Explorer drive train
Installing aftermarket Air conditioning from Classic Auto Air and want to install cowl vent block off cover plates. Anyone made these? Just looking at you guys ideas on how you blocked yours off and what material you used and if you painted to match or what? Pictures would be great thanks. PS Anyone needing a good factory non/a/c car heater assembly? Thanks Guys

I welded mine all closed. I am using Vintage Air. The only issue with this is you need to run a remote windshield wiper motor. I would recommend on a car not as modified as mine to make some removeable plates in plate of the grilles.

Attachments

• Engine10.jpg
    Engine10.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 1
On my 71, the kit came with an lower block off plate to RTV and screw in from underside. That left a bowl up top to capture water, which concerned me. I made a thin walled aluminum cap to cover it, sprayed it black to hide it, and RTV’d it to death… it’s easier on a 71, huge openings to cowl area for hands and parts.

Installing aftermarket Air conditioning from Classic Auto Air and want to install cowl vent block off cover plates. Anyone made these? Just looking at you guys ideas on how you blocked yours off and what material you used and if you painted to match or what? Pictures would be great thanks. PS Anyone needing a good factory non/a/c car heater assembly? Thanks Guys
I made a cardboard template for each hole, then cut a piece of plastic to match the template. I then RTV on the outer edge and them put screws through the plastic into the underside of the dash.

Back